2U, Inc., an education management organization headquartered in Maryland, USA, is inviting suitably qualified individuals interested in submitting their application and qualify for its Finance and Accounting Internship programme for 2020.
2U South Africa is a leading global leader in education technology working in conjuction with well-known universities. The company provides support to, develops and delivers over 250 in-person and digital educational courses as well as graduate degrees, Trilogy-powered training courses, GetSmarter short courses and professional certificates.
2U Finance and Accounting Internship Programme
2U’s internship programme offerings, or what the company calls the 2ternship, is an integral part of 2U’s developmental growth from the very beginning. Successful applicants will be able to enrich their skill set in their field of interest, acquire hands-on business experience and regularly get feedback for optimal professional development. In addition, there will be opportunities for shadowing colleagues, attending senior executive meetings and making use of training resources throughout the course of the internship.
As a Finance and Accounting Intern at 2U, the incumbent will be working with the team in charge of reporting and recording the company’s finances. The team also formulates 2U South Africa’s budget forecasting as well as keeping track of the company’s financial performance.
The duties and responsibilities of the successful candidate are as follows:
- Provide assistance to the Finance and Accounting team with end-of-month tasks and reports
- Resolve financial queries from internal employees and students
- Prepare financial reports in SQL and Tableau reporting
- Determine production cost by analyzing employee timesheets
- Perform administrative tasks as required by the business
Who should apply?
Applicants who possess the following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply:
- A student currently enrolled in the final year of qualification or have recently graduated from a relevant undergraduate course
- Preferably with a previous background in Tableau, SQL and MS Excel
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Some background in customer service
- Capable of conducting research and interpreting technical documents
- Focused on delivering specific results by exceeding goals and by being observant to details
- Able to multitask and easily switch priorities
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Highly and comfortable working closely with colleagues
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates can apply by accessing 2U’s recruitment portal and filling out the online application form. Click here to fill out the application form.
Remember to fill out the form correctly and truthfully, without any missing information.
The link provided may not work if the position had already been filled or is no longer available.
No deadline for submission has been set as of this writing. However, the link provided may not work should the position had already been filled.
For further questions about the programme, click here to access 2U’s contact form.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
This internship programme runs for a duration of six (6) months.
- Where will the internship take place?
The intern will be based in Cape Town.
- Is this a paid internship?
Although undisclosed in the advert, this is a paid internship.