2U, Inc., an education management organization headquartered in Maryland, USA, is inviting suitably qualified individuals interested in submitting their application and qualify for its Video Internship programme for 2020.
2U South Africa is a leading global leader in education technology working in conjunction with well-known universities. The company provides support to, develops and delivers over 250 in-person and digital educational courses as well as graduate degrees, Trilogy-powered training courses, GetSmarter short courses and professional certificates.
2U Video Producer Internship Programme
2U’s internship programme offerings, or what the company calls the 2ternship, is an integral part of 2U’s developmental growth from the very beginning. Successful applicants will be able to enrich their skill set in their field of interest, acquire hands-on business experience and regularly get feedback for optimal professional development. In addition, there will be opportunities for shadowing colleagues, attending senior executive meetings and making use of training resources throughout the course of the internship.
The successful applicant will be part of 2U’s Video Production Team which works in collaboration with university faculties in managing video production and delivering high-quality content academic videos. some of the important roles and responsibilities of the Video Production Intern include, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the production team with various tasks involved during pre-production, production, as well as post-production and some light editing tasks
- Manage and ensure accuracy of video log files i.e. editor notes, shot list and time codes while producing field and studio productions
- Develop and manage production documents for various content while assuring a strong faculty experience
- Ensure efficient and effective communications with various stakeholders involved in the larger production process
- Go over quality assurance reports and providing guidance during post-production
- Assist the production team with office tasks, general admin work and other relevant production assistant tasks
Who should apply?
These minimum eligibility requirements must be satisfied in order to qualify for consideration:
- Currently pursuing or have recently finished a tertiary education qualification
- Preferably obtained majors in digital media, film, communications or television
- Results-driven and able to exceed goals and objectives
- Must have a basic interest in or understanding of post-production and video production
- Eager to learn and master video production
- Good background in using web research, basic video editing and Google Docs
- Highly flexible, effective with multitasking and switching priorities
- Eager to collaborate with co-workers
- Able to thrive in a dynamic work environment
How do I apply?
To apply, eligible candidates will need to fill out an application form on the company’s recruitment page. Click here to get started.
No specific date for the deadline has been set as of this time.
For any further questions about the programme, click here to access the contact form.
Click the link to view the 2U Video Production Internship Programme 2020 advert.
- Where will this internship take place?
The 2U Video Internship Programme is based in Cape Town.
- Is this a paid internship?
Albeit undisclosed, this is a paid internship opportunity.
- How long will it take to complete this internship?
This internship will run for a period of six (6) months.