ABB South Africa is now looking for new and talented graduates who will be interested in sending their application for an opportunity in order to join the company’s Engineering and Graduate in Training programme.
ABB, or ASEA Brown Bowen, is a multinational conglomerate with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. The company deals primarily in power, robotics, heavy electrical equipment, power grids, automation and more. ABB is a global Fortune 500 company and has been so for over two decades. The company operates in about 100 countries with close to 120,000 employees.
The Group started its South African operations in 1992, and now employs close to a total of 2,500 people in its sites in Malawi, Angola, Zimbabwe, Swaziland and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The company offers a number of programmes in order to expand its pool of talented workforce. One of such programmes is its yearly offering of the ABB Graduate in Training Programme.
ABB Engineering and Graduate Programme 2020
ABB’s Graduate in Training Programmes are designed using the 70:20:10 system in Learning and Development. This means the programmes observe and apply the concept that learning is of three different types and are as follows:
- 70% Hands-on
- 20% Asking Questions
- 10% Classroom training
Currently, the company’s Engineering and Graduate programmes are accepting graduates of the following fields of study:
- Successful candidates will gain exposure to switch gear testing on all areas as well as mechanical and electrical designs for switchgears
- Get hands-on experience on draughting, design, mechanical and electrical workings of electrical motors
- Gain exposure om Field Instrumentation, Control Systems and Actuators as wellas Commissioning and Design of Distributed Control Systems(DS)
- Acquire experience in ABB SA’s factory operations, process improvements and time studies
Who should apply?
In order to qualify for consideration, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- For the Engineering Trainee Programme
- Holds a National Diploma or degree in BTech or BSc in Mechanical, Electrical,Computer or Industrial Engineering
- For the Functional Trainee Programme
- Holds a National Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Human Resources, Marketing and Health and Safety
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- With excellent problem solving, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Highly creative, resourceful and innovative
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the basic eligibility requirements and would like to push through the selection process can start`by creating an applicant profile on the ABB job portal. Click here to get started.
Be sure to upload a copy of your academic results. Failure to comply will result in the rejection of your application.
Use ZA73760991_E2 as the reference code to easily pull up the advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, click on the link to access the company’s FAQ page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the ABB SA Engineering and Graduate Programme advert.