ABB South Africa is inviting new and talented graduates to submit their application for an opportunity to join its upcoming Social Media and Employer Branding Internship intake for 2022. Be sure to go over the important details of this internship role below before applying.
ABB, or ASEA Brown Bowen, is a multinational conglomerate with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. The company deals primarily in power, robotics, heavy electrical equipment, power grids, automation and more. ABB is a global Fortune 500 company and has been so for over two decades. The company operates in about 100 countries with close to 120,000 employees.
The Group started its South African operations in 1992, and now employs close to a total of 2,500 people in its sites in Malawi, Angola, Zimbabwe, Swaziland and the Democratic Republic of the Congo. The company offers a number of programmes in order to expand its pool of talented workforce. One of such initiatives is its yearly offering of the ABB Graduate Internship Programme.
ABB Social Media and Employer Branding Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be taking on the role of a Social Media and Employer Branding Intern and will be part of ABB’s Global Business Services for HR Expert Services Division operating out of Modderfontein, East Rand in Gauteng. Reporting directly to the Global Social Media Lead for Talent Acquisition, the successful candidate will join the Global Social Media lead for Talent Acquisition and play a key function in Talent Acquisition and Talent Advancement in partnership with the Employer Branding and Talent Acquisition group in delivering ideas, content, and engaging stories to attract the right talents on ABB’s digital and social media spaces.
Duties and responsibilities
- Produce engaging content for ABB’s social media careers accounts e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Creating attention-grabbing copy for social media content
- Develop fresh, innovative concepts to communicate to target demographics on social media
- Conduct small-scale social media campaigns, monitoring results and providing improvement reporting
- Perform community management on specific digital channels
- Undergo training on potential design tasks
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy, at least, the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role:
- Holds a Master’s, Bachelor’s, or Hons degree in Media. Communications, Marketing, or a relevant study
- Must have no more than two (2) years of work experience
- Work experience or studies on social media is an advantage
- Passionate about storytelling
- Able to conference and work in a virtual space
- Knowledgeable in digital design tools e.g. Adobe InDesign
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, resilient, inclusive, and energetic
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill out an online application form on ABB’s recruitment portal.
Click the link below to get started. Apply online for the ABB Social Media and Employer Branding Internship 2022.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.