The Absa Group is currently opening 30 slots for its upcoming Absa Group Bursary Programme for 2020. If you are interested in applying for bursary support, be sure to read through the requirements before sending an application.
Formerly known as Barclays Africa Group Ltd., the Absa Group’s original name was Amalgamated Banks of South Africa. This financial services company offers business and personal banking, investment and corporate banking, credit cards, investment and wealth management and more.
The Absa Group’s headquarters are in Johannesburg and owns majority stakes in various banks in Ghana, Botswana, Mauritius, Kenya and Tanzania to name a few. It also operates regional offices in Nigeria, Namibia, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda and several other countries.
The Absa Group Bursary Programme 2020
The Absa Bursary Programme provides full coverage bursary assistance to bright and hardworking students pursuing studies in the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Risk Management
- Industrial Engineering
The selected bursars will be eligible to receive the following:
- Full accommodation
- Full coverage of tuition and registration fees
- Meal allowance
- Book fee
- Transportation allowance
In addition, bursars will also be entitled to the following:
- Gain workplace experience through vacation work
- Access to counseling services from ICAS
- Buddying system as support during the course
- Receive soft skills training for easy work integration
- May receive a laptop (depending on availability)
The Absa Group is looking to acquire fresh talents from among its bursars. These selected bursars will even go through vacation work in the company.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify, applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have work/employment rights in South Africa
- Obtained a 75% grade average
- Currently a full-time student (academic year 2020)
- Pursuing undergraduate or post-graduate studies at an accredited South African university
- Must not have a criminal record
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may apply by accessing the company’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 1 July 2019.
Know more about the Absa Group by clicking the link below: