The Absa Group is calling on interested and qualified parties to apply for its Gen A Gradudate Programme. Enjoy a good number of benefits and a whole lot more when you get chosen to become part of this graduate programme opportunity.
Formerly known as Barclays Africa Group Ltd., the Absa Group’s original name is Amalgamated Banks of South Africa. This financial services company offers business and personal banking, investment and corporate banking, credit cards, investment and wealth management and more.
The Absa Group’s headquarters are in Johannesburg and owns majority stakes in various banks in Ghana, Botswana, Mauritius, Kenya and Tanzania to name a few. It also operates regional offices in Nigeria, Namibia, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda and several other countries.
Absa Group Gen A Graduate Programme
Absa Group’s Gen A Graduate Programme is a 120-month structured developmental graduate programme which grants selected applicants permanent employment status at the start of the programme. Moreover, the successful applicants will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive remuneration
- Home and vehicle financing at employee rates
- Discounted banking fees
- Receive support from Absa’s Young Talent Team and alumni network
- Enjoy access to a wide network of opportunities in Africa
- Become part of critical initiatives that can influence real change
There are a number of areas in Absa where the selected applicants will be placed:
- Corporate and Investment Banking – provide services such as capital raising, financial advisory, and risk and financing management to financial institutions, businesses and corporations (local and international
- Retail and Business Banking – offers services and products through a comprehensive branch and ATM network with support coming from Relationship Managers, mobile and international banking facilities
- Africa Technology – innovate and drive ideas that enhance team performance or how customer/clients interact with their money
- Group Functions – includes Compliance, Risk, Data and Analytics, Finance
- WIMI – covers risk and investment management through philantrophy, private banking, succession plan, structured lending
Successful applicants will start their first day in the Gen A Graduate Programme as permanent employees.
Requirements or Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered for the graduate programme:
- Has a postgraduate qualification (at least NQF Level 8) prior to January 2020 (except Computer Science)
- Possesses no more than 2 years of permanent work experience not including temp work while in school
- Must be a South African citizen or with necessary working permits and documents
How to Apply
Interested applicants will need to apply online via Absa’s recruitment portal. Be sure that you meet the minimum requirements before applying as all applications will be screened.
Note: The manner in which the questionnaires are approached and answered will also factors in the selection process.
Click here to start the application process.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 June 2019.
Send an email to GenA@absa.co.za should you have further questions about the graduate programme.