Irish-based Accenture plc is calling on suitable graduates to submit their application and qualify for its Data Scientist Graduate Programme 2022 intake at its Cape Town location. Be sure to go over the role’s minimum eligibility criteria, as well as its duties and responsibilities before applying.
Accenture is a Fortune Global 500 company that offers digital, technology, strategy, operations and consulting services. It was able to generate revenues amounting to $43.2 billion in 2019 with workforce of over 492,000 employees serving clients spread across more than 200 locations in 120 countries. Currently, Accenture serves 91 Fortune Global Top 100 companies. In addition, over three-quarters of Fortune Global 500 companies do business with Accenture.
Accenture SA-REPL Data Scientist Graduate Programme 2022
The successful candidate will be joining Accenture SA’s Data Science team which is responsible for providing data science consulting services across various clients and services. These services include algorithms development, software development support.
For the duration of this graduate programme, the incumbent will be providing tailor-fit data science consultation across various retail areas of Accenture SA including Supply Chain, Customer Experience, and Workforce Management.
Duties and responsibilities
- Render technical input to data analysis and algorithms development
- Successfully complete the internal education programme and participate in weekly study groups under supervision of an appointed training officer
- In collaboration with the data science team, establish a strong interface framework for the Company’s in-house platform algorithms
- Create maintainable and high-quality code in line with existing software processes
- Assess and resolve problems involving new and current software or features
- Create prototypes to present ideas and concepts
- Provide assistance with software platform deployments
- Develop and update documentation on software processes
- Assist in building and maintaining data science tool chain
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Strong academic background in any data-related qualification, i.e. Master’s degree in numerate subjects (preferably in data science) or an excellent theoretical undergraduate degree
- Must possess theoretical knowledge of bayesian learning, neural networks, and traditional statistical methods, as well as its use in machine learning
- Eager to apply the latest software development practices
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and comfortable working alone or as a member of a team
- Amenable to work off-site (customer or supplier sites)
- Genuine interest in data and innovation
- Committed to learning new practices in data analytics, machine learning, scientific thinking, and making things happen using engineering methods
- Preferably with experience in the following:
- R experience or Python scripting
- Jupyter Studios or RStudio notebooks
- Hadoop, Tensor Flow
- High-level software languages e.g. C#, Java, or Scala
- Agile development environment
- Deploying a continuous integration method to software development
- Software containers such as Docker
- Comfortable employing various data science tools
Note that this is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Accenture’s online recruitment platform. Please click on the link to get started:
Apply online for the Accenture SA-REPL Data Scientist Graduate Programme 2022 advert-page.
Job ID: R00128382
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, get in touch with Accenture South Africa by calling +27 (21) 408 1300.
Click here to view the PDF copy of the Accenture SA-REPL Data Scientist Graduate Programme 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.