Clothing retail giant, Ackermans, is inviting qualified graduates interested in applying for its multidiscipline Graduate Programme intake for 2022 at its Cape Town location in Western Cape. Get to know the minimum eligibility criteria of the role if you’re thinking of applying for this should you intend to submit an application.
With its headquarters in Cape Town, Ackermans operates a clothing retail store chain all over South Africa, including Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Zambia. In 2015, the South African Consumer Satisfaction Index rated Ackermans as the second-best clothing retailer in the country.
Established in 1916, the first Ackermans store opened in Wynberg, Cape Town. After a series of mergers with companies such as Greatermans (1960), Edgars (1970s) and Pepkor (1984).
Ackermans Graduate Opportunity 2022
Based at Ackermans’ Cape Town location in Western Cape, successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain practical, behind-the-scenes experience in the retail industry. Moreover, incumbents gain exposure depending on the degree and preferred department.
Listed below are the required qualifications/degrees and respective departments where successful candidates will be based:
- Data Analytics – Data and Technology division
- Planning, Merchandising – Planning division
- Visual Merchandise, Risk – Operations division
- Product Technology, Trend and Design – Buying
- Digital, PR, Brand, and Commercial Marketing – Marketing
- Supply Chain – Freight (Import/Export), Distribution Center
- Finance – Reporting, Accounts Payable, Revenue and Inventory
- Human Resources – Talent & Culture, Remuneration & Benefits, Recruitment, Training and Development, HR Systems
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a degree related to the position being applied for
- Must have no previous full-time work experience related to your degree/qualification
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive under pressure
- Must be a South African citizen and Cape Town resident
Note that this is a general description of the nature of work attributed to the role and may not list all the duties and responsibilities, and requisite skills of the position.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register their profile on Ackermans’ online recruitment platform to apply. Click on the link to start the application process.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 29 October 2022.
For your enquiries, fill out the Company’s Contact Us form.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Ackermans Graduate Opportunity 2022 advert page.