Clothing retail giant, Ackermans, is inviting qualified individuals interested in applying for its Product Technologist Training Programme. Read on below for more about this training opportunity and the company offering it.
With its headquarters in Cape Town, Ackermans operates a clothing retail store chain all over South Africa, including Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland, Lesotho and Zambia. In 2015, the South African Consumer Satisfaction Index rated Ackermans as the second-best clothing retailer in the country.
Established in 1916, the first Ackermans store opened in Wynberg, Cape Town. After a series of mergers with companies such as Greatermans (1960), Edgars (1970s) and Pepkor (1984).
Ackermans Product Technologist Training Programme 2020
The successful applicant will acquire working knowledge of every facet of value retail including Planning and Marketing, Buying, Store Operations and Supply Chain. Moreover, the Product Technologist Trainee will:
- Gain knowledge in reviewing, developing and implementing quality standards for various merchandise
- Receive coaching from the industry’s top professionals on providing technical advice to Buyers regarding product quality and performance
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate is expected to meet the minimum eligibility requirements in order to qualify:
- Must have completed a diploma or degree in the following areas of study
- Clothing Management
- Clothing Production
- Fashion Design
- Preferably with some relevant work experience in a retail store
- Must have a demonstrated, strong passion for Garment Construction and Quality
- Solid work ethic
- Resilient and eager to learn new concepts and ideas
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial eligibility requirements and would like to apply, click here to create an account on Ackermans’ recruitment portal. If you already have an account, go ahead and log in and use reference code ACK191223-3 to easily pull up the account.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 15 January 2020.
- Where will the Training programme take place?
The successful intern will be based in Ackermans’ Kulis River location in Western Cape.
- Is this a paid training period?
The Product Technologist trainee will be paid an undisclosed amount for the duration of the training period.
Click the link to view the Ackermans Product Technologist Traineeship advert for 2020