Adidas is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Brand Activation Management Trainee Programme 2023 intake at its Cape Town headquarters in South Africa. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
Adidas AG is a German multinational corporation and the largest sportswear maker in Europe and is next to Nike as the largest in the world. It acts as the holding company for the Adidas Group, which is made up of Reebok, Bayern Munchen (German football team), and Runtastic.
Fun fact: The company’s founder, Adolf Dassler, was joined by elder brother Rudolf, who then later founded Puma (a business rival) after a breakdown in their relations in 1949.
Adidas SA Brand Activation Management Trainee Programme 2023
The successful candidate will be working at Adidas’ South African HQ in Cape Town, joining a New Manager certification course in conjunction with the Graduate School of Business. In addition to having access to a mentor, personal coach, line manager, and an HR staff for support, the incumbent will be working closely with the Leadership team accomplishing various workshops and learning activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide assistance to the Senior Brand Manager (Sport) with delivering EM South brand communications and activation plans
- Collaborate with the EM Hub team, Global team, Senior Manager Sport in developing and driving a comprehensive brand strategies for training
- Plan and facilitate the administration of the local training brand activation calendar; making sure the calendar focuses on key brand priorities and facilitates local market initiatives
- Develop and apply brand communication plans and strategies
- Improve and maintain EM South Training Communities in line with global/EM trends including contracts, relationships, allocation, and activation
- Establish and apply brand communication plans and strategies for local training properties, individuals, and events sponsored by the Company
- Perform ad hoc consumer research tasks
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a university degree in Marketing, Business, or at least 3 years of equivalent professional working experience. preferably in marketing specializing in brand management
- Preferably knowledgeable with brand communication management (e.g. events, media, sponsorship, PR, retail) in a lea ng international brand or retailer (FMCG, lifestyle/sporting goods)
- Keen interest in community and influencer management
- Solid grasp of the local training landscape, youth culture, and brand landscape
- Proactive and able to take ownership and lead project milestones to accomplish campaigns
- Background in handling external partners and agencies
- High proficiency in various MS Office applications
- Possesses knowledge in marketing budget management
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office productivity tools
- Preferably with background in market and above-market organization
- Fluent in written and spoken English
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements, click on the link below and register your profile on the company’s recruitment page.
Reference no: 493232
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, fill out the online contact form on the company website.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Adidas SA Brand Activation Management Trainee Programme 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.