Adidas is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Retail Finance Management Trainee 2023 at its Cape Town headquarters in South Africa. Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
Adidas AG is a German multinational corporation and the largest sportswear maker in Europe, and is next to Nike as the largest in the world. It acts as the holding company for the Adidas Group, which is made up of Reebok, Bayern Munchen (German football team), and Runtastic.
Fun fact: The company’s founder, Adolf Dassler, was joined by elder brother Rudolf, who then later founded Puma (a business rival) after a breakdown in their relations in 1949.
Adidas SA Retail Finance Management Trainee 2023
The successful candidate will be working at Adidas’ South African HQ in Cape Town, joining a New Manager certification course in conjunction with the Graduate School of Business . In addition to having access to a mentor, personal coach, line manager, and an HR staff for support, the incumbent will be working closely with the Leadership team accomplishing various workshops and learning activities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Perform store budgeting as well as profit and loss analysis on a monthly basis
- Carry out planning and forecasting across portfolios
- Conduct net sales and margin opportunity evaluation on key commercial activities e.g. back-to-school, Black Friday, End-of-Season
- Determine quarterly Key Category margins and perform net sales analysis
- Update store forecasts to total retail financial forecasts
- Provide assistance in organizing quarterly and monthly financial pulse reports focused on areas for improvements and opportunities
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds at least a 4-year university degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 12 months of work experience is an advantage
- Practical experience in a finance environment
- Demonstrates the company’s core behaviors (creativity, confidence, and collaboration
- Operates with an entrepreneurial mindset and pushes boundaries
- Highly organized, process-oriented, and structured
- Excellent eye for detail
- Energetic and able to work as part of a team in a high-pressure environment
- Comprehensive and deep theoretical knowledge of channel operations
- Genuine passion for sports
- High proficiency in various MS Office applications
- Solid influencing and leadership skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Good English fluency and exceptional communication skills
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements. Click on the link below and register your profile on the company’s recruitment page.
Reference no: 493218
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For enquiries, fill out the online contact form on the company website.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Adidas SA Retail Finance Management Trainee 2023 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.