Adidas is inviting suitable candidates to apply for its Retail Merchandise Management Trainee in South Africa. Find out if you qualify by checking the minimum requirements of the position.
Adidas AG is a German multinational corporation and the largest sportswear maker in Europe, and is next to Nike as the largest in the world. It acts as the holding company for the Adidas Group, which is made up of Reebok, Bayern Munchen (German football team), and Runtastic.
Fun fact: The company’s founder, Adolf Dassler, was joined by elder brother Rudolf, who then later founded Puma (a business rival) after a breakdown in their relations in 1949.
Adidas SA Retail Merchandise Management Trainee 2021
The successful candidate will be working at Adidas’ South African HQ in Cape Town, joining a New Manager certification course. In addition, the incumbent will have access to a mentor, personal coach, line manager, and an HR staff for support.
The duties and responsibilities of the Retail Management Trainee include:
- Provide assistance with pushing net sales with the DTC Team
- Conduct monitoring and analysis of weekly KPIs, including making recommendations
- Perform forecasting, reporting, and reprojections
- Keep track of product campaigns as well as critical launches
- Provide assistance with creating seasonal assortment and Open-to-Buy plan
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must satisfy the following minimum qualification requirements:
- Possesses a 4-year business degree, preferably with a marketing background or equivalent professional work experience
- At least 12 months of work experience is an advantage
- Practical experience in sales or a retail environment
- Demonstrates the company’s core behaviors (creativity, confidence, and collaboration
- Operates with an entrepreneurial mindset and pushes boundaries
- Highly organized, process oriented, and structured
- Excellent eye for detail
- Energetic and able to work as part of a team in a high-pressure environment
- Comprehensive and deep theoretical knowledge of channel operations
- Genuine passion for sports
- High proficiency in various MS Office applications
- Solid influencing and leadership skills
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Good English fluency and exceptional communication skills
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum requirements. Click on the link below and register your profile on the company’s recruitment page.
Prepare a creative letter of motivation explaining why you think you’re a future Adidas leader.
If you have one, place a link to your LinkedIn profile on your CV.
No deadline for submission of applications
For enquiries, fill out the online contact form on the company website.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the Adidas SA Retail Merchandise Management Trainee programme 2021 advert.