AECI is currently accepting applications for its Chemical Operations Learnership opportunity for 2022. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role if you’re planning on submitting an application.
African Explosives and Chemical Industries (AECI) operates in South Africa with its main manufacturing sites operating in Sasolburg, Johannesburg and Durban. The company is a specialty product and services-oriented group of companies with a focus on offering services to the mining and manufacturing industry.
The AECI group is currently made up of 17 businesses operating in Africa, South East Asia, Australia, North America and Europe. As of December 2017, AECI has an employee count of 7,908 employees.
AECI Chemical Operations Learnership
The successful candidate will be based at AECI’s Modderfontein facilities in Gauteng. For the duration of the Chemical Operations Learnership programme, the incumbent is to undergo NQF Level 2 Standard Plant Operation Training during which the following duties and responsibilities are to be carried out:
- Conducting general housekeeping tasks in the plant
- Oversee operations of the plant under the supervision of the Plant Operator
- Accomplish production process documents
- Perform monitoring of processes and operations after declaring competencies
- Medically fit to work at considerable heights and within a chemical environment and closed spaces
- Work shifts and render overtime work as needed
- Willing to learn how to drive a forklift
Who should apply?
Only applicants who meet the basic requirements mentioned below will be considered:
- Completed Grade 12 or Matric with Mathematics and Science subjects
- Currently unemployed with basic knowledge of computers
- Can work in a chemical plant environment
- Can function well independently or in a team
- Good communication skills
- Highly adaptable
- Must have some background in safety awareness
How to Apply
Applicants who satisfy the company’s basic requirements may apply by setting up an account at AECI’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: AEC220804-5
The deadline for submission of applications is on 19 August 2022.
For general enquiries, please call +27(0)11 806 8700
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AECI Chemical Operations Learnership 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available. Alternatively, you may view our other graduate programme and internship listings that are currently accepting applications.