AECI’s Chemical Operations Learnership NQF Level 2 is inviting interested parties to apply for its 12-month programme.
African Explosives and Chemical Industries (AECI) operates in South Africa with its main manufacturing sites operating in Sasolburg, Johannesburg and Durban. The company is a specialty product and services-oriented group of companies with a focus on offering services to the mining and manufacturing industry.
The AECI group is currently made up of 17 businesses operating in Africa, South East Asia, Australia, North America and Europe. As of December 2017, AECI has an employee count of 7,908 employees.
Chemical Operations Learnership NQF Level 2
AECI is in need of an unemployed candidate to undergo training in a Chemical Operations NQF Level 2 learnership that will run for 12 months. The learnership will cover Chemical Operations as well as a practical component in a number of AECI facilities in Gauteng Province.
The duties and responsibilities of the learner include, but will not be limited to:
- Attending theoretical classes conducted at the AECI Training Centre in Chloorkop for a duration of about 6 weeks
- Undergo experiential training as a Plant Operator in a chemical plant environment
- Go through shift work or render overtime work when needed
- Gain competency and create a supporting portfolio in all related NQF Level 2 standards
Full-time employment within AECI will be based on standards set by the company and other factors such as performance assessments.
Requirements or Eligibility
Only applicants who meet the basic requirements mentioned below will be considered:
- Must be available by 1 July 2019 for the start of the learnership
- Completed Grade 12 or Matric with Mathematics and Physical Science subjects
- A South African citizen aged 18 to 25 and currently unemployed
- Can work in a chemical plant environment
- Basic computer skills will be an advantage
- Can function well independently or in a team
- Good communication skills
- Highly adaptable
- Good eye for detail
How to Apply
Applicants who satisfy the company’s basic requirements can apply by setting up an account at AECI’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Use the reference codeto quickly find the Chemical Operations Learnership Programme once you are done with the account set up.
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of online applications is on 3 May 2019.
For general enquiries, please call +27(0)11 806 8700
View the job advert here: