AECI is currently accepting applications for its Draughtsperson Trainee Programme for 2023. Be sure to go over the minimum eligibility criteria and job description of the role if you’re planning on submitting an application.
African Explosives and Chemical Industries (AECI) operates in South Africa with its main manufacturing sites operating in Sasolburg, Johannesburg and Durban. The company is a specialty product and services-oriented group of companies with a focus on offering services to the mining and manufacturing industry.
The AECI group is currently made up of 17 businesses operating in Africa, South East Asia, Australia, North America and Europe. As of December 2017, AECI has an employee count of 7,908 employees.
AECI Draughtsperson Trainee Programme 2023
Based in AECI’s Modderfontein offices, the Draughtsperson Trainee role is responsible for performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop G.A., P&ID, and PFD, including plot plans pending a relevant engineer’s approval
- Make sure all work done are compliant with AECI Water standards and procedures
- Manage project drawing transmittals and registers
- File and archive soft and hard copies
- Create “as-built” drawings, installation drawings, site layout, as per red line drawings
- Adhere to governance and established systems, policies, practices, and procedures
- Ensure compliance with SHE standards
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Completed an MDDOP diploma(N3 Mechanical Engineering ) is a definite advantage
- Completed matric
- Knowledgeable with relevant software (preferably AutoCAD)
- Good background in engineering design and principles
- Ownership of a valid driver’s license is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Pushes for results and strong attention to details
- Housekeeping and innovation
How to Apply
Applicants who satisfy the company’s basic requirements may apply by setting up an account at AECI’s recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: AEC221124-2
The deadline for submission of applications is on 08 December 2022
For general enquiries, please call +27(0)11 806 8700
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AECI Draughtsperson Trainee Programme 2023 advert page.