The AECI SA Bursary Programme is calling on qualified parties to send their in applications for its reopening in August 2019.
African Explosives and Chemical Industries (AECI) operates in South Africa with its main manufacturing sites operating in Sasolburg, Johannesburg and Durban. The company is a specialty product and services-oriented group of companies with a focus on offering services to the mining and manufacturing industry.
The AECI group is currently made up of 17 businesses operating in Africa, South East Asia, Australia, North America and Europe. As of December 2017, AECI has an employee count of 7,908 employees.
AECI Bursary Programmes for 2019 – 2020
In line with AECI’s commitment to its social programmes, the company awards bursary support to deserving South African students. Financial support will be given to qualified students intending to study any of the areas of discipline listed below. These can be in a university or a university of technology:
- Plant Pathology
- Food Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Once the selected bursar completes his/her studies, a 12-month work back period is required of the bursary recipient. This will also be dependent on vacancies and the company’s needs.
Requirements or Eligibility
Be sure to review the basic requirements before applying:
- Currently taking up matric or have completed it
- A South African student
- Must be pursuing or will be pursuing any of the prescribed areas of discipline in a recognized South African tertiary institution
- Academic records is above average
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the bursary programme’s minimum requirements will need to submit their application together with the supporting documents (clear copies) listed below:
- If currently in matric, certified copy of latest academic records
- If matric is completed, a certified copy of Matric results
- Up-to-date transcript of record from tertiary educational if applicable
- Proof of admission to a university or technical university
- Detailed and updated CV
- Letter of motivation explaining why they deserve the bursary support
Submit applications along with required documents to:
Opening and Closing Date
The company will start accepting applications by 1 August 2019 and will close by 30 September 2019.
For further enquiries about the learnership, please call 011 806 8700.
You can also view the actual job advert by clicking the link below:
Click on the link if you want to know more about AECI.