AFGRI, a leading South African agricultural services provider, is calling on suitable individuals to apply for its upcoming Apprenticeship Programme intake for 2023. Be sure to go over the programme’s minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you’re interested in applying.
As a moving force in the agricultural service sector in South Africa, AFGRI Agri Services works as an agricultural partner providing a comprehensive range of services encompassing grain production and storage cycle. From offering financial support and solutions to hi-tech agricultural equipment by an expansive retail footprint, AFGRI strives to unlock the agricultural potential of South Africa as well as that of the African continent.
AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme 2023
The successful candidate will be part of AFGRI Equipment’s extensive, three-year in-service training programme as an Artisan. This paid apprenticeship opportunity provides successful candidates the chance to develop under the guidance of AFGRI’s talented and well-experienced artisans.
Duties and responsibilities
- Undergo Tractor Mechanic / Technician training
- Conduct maintenance and repair of related equipment
- Take charge of stock control
- Perform customer service task as needed
- Carry out general tasks as needed
Who should apply?
In order to be eligible to for the role, candidates must meet these minimum qualifications:
- Have taken N2 subjects e.g. Engineering Science, Mathematics and Diesel Trade Theory
- Must have also taken any of the following subjects:
- Engineering or Technical Drawing
- Engineering Science
- Motor Trade Theory
- National Certificate Vocational L4 applicants with theoretical subjects are also welcome to apply
- Non-N2 applicants with matric certification must have taken the following subjects and achieved at least 40% or E symbol
- Mathematics (non-Literacy)
- Technical Mathematics (non-Literacy)
- Technical Science
- Physical Science
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Careful attention to detail
- An excellent team player and passionate about meeting deadlines
Applicants who do not hold the required qualifications may take the required N2 subjects at any AFGRI-sponsored Further Education and Training, or FET institutions.
What is the selection process?
Successful candidates will be chosen according to AFGRi’s current Employment Equity Policy.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to fill out an online application on AFGRI’s recruitment page. Also, be sure to allow at least 30 minutes to complete the whole application process. Click the link below to get started:
Ref. no: AO-933
The deadline for submission of applications is on 11 November 2022.
Applicants who do not receive feedback within 30 days after the deadline should consider their application as unsuccessful.
For enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep in mind that applications sent to this email address will not be reviewed.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AFGRI Apprenticeship Programme 2023 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not post any queries. You may want to view our other graduate programme, internship, and learnership listings that are currently open for applications.