AFGRI, a leading agricultural services provider, is calling on suitable candidates to apply for its AFGRI Graduate Development Programme 2023 vacancy at its Centurion location in Gauteng. If you’re interested in applying, make sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and key responsibilities of the role before submitting an application.
As a moving force in the agricultural service sector in South Africa, AFGRI Services works as an agricultural partner providing a comprehensive range of services encompassing grain production and storage cycle. From offering financial support and solutions to hi-tech agricultural equipment via an expansive retail footprint, AFGRI strives to unlock the agricultural potential of South Africa as well as that of the African continent.
AFGRI Graduate Development Programme 2023 (ESG/CSI)
AFGRI’s ESG-CSI Graduate Development Programme seeks to provide qualified graduates the opportunity to acquire significant work experience through various duties and responsibilities that are relevant to ESG (Environmental Social Governance) and CSI (Corporate Social Investment/Responsibility).
Key duties and responsibilities
- Gather and analyze impact data from partner/supported projects and assist in developmental impact reporting
- Provide assistance in evaluating and monitoring of community projects
- Help in determining developmental opportunities within communities for support and partnership
- Support CSI project management in identifying projects aligned with AFGRI CSI’s focus area
- Support the planning, execution, and reporting of employee volunteer programmes
- Help in data collection and reporting for ESG
- Work closely with key internal teams on data and target settings
- Perform industry benchmarking, share best practices, and follow trends regarding environmental matters
- Attend to ESG queries sent via email or phone
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in completing projects assigned by the line manager
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to satisfy these basic eligibility requirements to apply for the role:
- Holds a degree in Corporate Social Investment, Sustainable Development, Community Development, Psychology, Humanities, or any relevant qualification
- Have never been part of any internship or graduate programme
- Amenable with being based on-site for the duration of the graduate programme
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good background in information technology; computer literate
- Able to handle stress and adapt to different situations
- Thorough with good research, analytical, and data collection skills
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to accomplish an online application form on AFGRI’s job application portal. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 1 March 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will receive feedback regarding their applications. If you do not receive feedback within 30 days past the closing date, consider the application unsuccessful.
Foe enquiries, contact AFGRI directly at:
Tel. no: +27 11 063 2347
Please refrain from making any queries if this graduate programme is no longer available. Alternatively, you can view our other graduate programmes and internships that are currently open for application.