The African Scholar Fund is calling on qualified parties to send in their application for its Public TVET College Bursary Programme. The AFS provides bursary awards to economically challenged young school children who show great potential.
Fully dependent on private donations, the ASF has released funds amounting to R28 million. This has enabled the organization to help over 55,000 bursars to be able to continue on with their studies.
The AFS Public TVET College Bursary Programme 2019 – 2020
Since its founding in 1970, the ASF had awarded bursaries to 2,500 full-time Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) students. These are students pursuing Engineering and Business courses offered in Public TVET colleges listed below:
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Eastcape Midlands College
- Northlink College
- College of Cape Town
ASF’s Public TVET College Bursary Programme only covers registration and course fees. Thus, the bursary programme will not cover any other school-related expenses.
Requirements or Eligibility
Individuals who meet the following minimum requirements are encouraged to apply:
- For technical courses, at least Grade 10 with Maths and Science subjects
- Not over 25 years of age. Younger applicants are preferred
- For college level students, must have attained at least 50% average in all tests or exams
- Not a recipient of any bursaries including NSFAS
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned require will need to send their application by mail together with the following supporting documents:
- Certified copy of latest high school report or certificate
- If available, copies of all previous exams in college (statement of results only; certificates are not acceptable)
- Proof of income e.g. pension receipts or payslips
- Self-addressed and stamped envelope
- Motivation letter hand-written by applicant
Click the below link to download the application form:
Send your application along with the required documents by post to:
PO Box 294
Opening and Closing Date
For the 2nd trimester applications, deadline is on 31 March.
Applications for 2nd semester will be accepted until 31 May.
For 3rd trimester applications, deadline is on 31 July.
Applications for 1st trimester/semester will be accepted until 31 October.
For enquiries about the bursary programme, get in touch with the ASF at:
Tel: (021) 689 9094/431
Fax : (021) 689 9240
- What is the coverage of the bursary?
The bursary will only cover registration and full tuition fee costs.
- Do I have to apply for each academic year?
Bursary coverage will need to be renewed per semester.
- Will I be eligible if I’m already receiving bursary coverage?
No. The bursary is only offered to students who are not current beneficiaries of other bursary programmes, including NSFAS
- Is there a grade requirement to qualify for bursary coverage?
You must have obtained at least 50% in all exams and tests and 60% for Orientation