The AHRI is calling on qualified and interested individuals to apply for its upcoming Communications Internship Programme for the 2020 financial year.
The Africa Health Research Institute is an independent, multi-disciplinary research institute operating two facilities in KwaZulu-Natal. The Institute’s primary objective is to become a source of important breakthroughs into the transmission, susceptibility and cure of TB, HIV and other related illnesses. The AHRI also works to improve on current methods of treatment, diagnosis and prevention.
AHRI Communications Internship Programme 2020
The African Health Research Institute, together with the Sub-Saharan African Network for TB/HIV Research Excellence is in need of a dynamic individual to be part of their Communications Department. The main purpose of the Communications Intern is to provide support with the organizations’ multimedia, writing and other related administrative tasks.
As a Communications Intern, the successful candidate will given the following duties and responsibilities:
- Writing and editing stories
- Performing video and photography productions for external and internal viewers
- Ensuring social media and other online content are up to date
- Organizing events
- Performing admin support tasks
- Providing assistance with other Communications Department tasks as needed
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order for their application to be considered:
- Holds a degree or diploma in brand communication, media, visual communication, media, and graphic design, or
- Holds a degree in BSocSCi, BSC or BA with demonstrated experience or diploma in communications or media environment
- Multi-media skills such as video creation and editing are a big plus
- Knowledge in the use of website CMS is prferred
- Demonstrated experience or keen interest in Science Communication is a definite edge
- Matric level biology and physical science is an preferred
- Some work experience is an advantage
- Must have a strong portfolio and demonstrated creativity and initiative in written and visual communication
How do I apply?
Only applicants who meet the aforementioned basic requirements will be considered eligible to apply.
Click here to register an account and be able to start the application process.
Deadline for submission of applications is on 03 October 2019.
If you already have an account, simply log in and apply. Late applications will no be accepted.
For further questions about this internship opportunity, click here.