AHRI is calling on suitable and interested graduates to apply for its upcoming Forensic Pathology Internship Programme 2022 intake. Take a look at the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and competency/skills requirements if you’re intending to apply.
The Africa Health Research Institute is an independent, multi-disciplinary research institute operating two facilities in KwaZulu-Natal. The Institute’s primary objective is to become a source of important breakthroughs into the transmission, susceptibility and cure of TB, HIV and other related illnesses. The AHRI also works to improve on current methods of treatment, diagnosis and prevention.
The Institute’s major sponsors are Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Wellcome Trust, with the University of KwaZulu-Natal and University College of London as its academic partners.
AHRI Forensic Pathology Internship 2022
The Forensic Pathology intern’s role is based in AHRI’s Steyn Lab in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal and will be mainly responsible for capturing, collecting, and putting together research data, particularly TB samples coming from Forensic Pathology Services of the Department of Health in KwaZulu-Natal.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and enhance electronic databases used for statistical analysis, reporting, and modeling
- Capture and aggregate TB-related data coming from existing ‘hard-copy’ databases supplied by Forensic Pathology Services in Durban
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and perform administrative functions
- Be alert of, and stay updated with, health and safety policies in all facets of the work
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to meet the role’s minimum eligibility standards and skills requirements.
- Holds a National Diploma in Information Technology
- Skilled in the use of MS Suite applications such as Excel and Word
- Must have operational experience in the field of forensic pathology services in KwaZulu-Natal
How do I apply?
Apply by registering your profile on AHRI’s online recruitment portal. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For further enquiries, contact AHRI directly at:
Tel. no: +27 (0)31 260 4991
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AHRI Forensic Pathology Internship 2022 advert page.
Please refrain from making any queries if the internship is no longer available.