The AHRI is offering a 12-month Research Psychology Internship who will primarily be providing assistance with the various functions related to the monitoring and implementation of certain projects in the KwaZulu-Natal region.
The Africa Health Research Institute is an independent, multi-disciplinary research institute operating two facilities in KwaZulu-Natal. The Institute’s primary objective is to become a source of important breakthroughs into the transmission, susceptibility and cure of TB, HIV and other related illnesses. The AHRI also works to improve on current methods of treatment, diagnosis and prevention.
AHRI Research Psychology Internship Programme
The AHRI’s Research Psychology Internship Programme is a 12-month internship agreement where the successful applicant will be providing support in the execution and coordination of functions included in the monitoring and implementation of HIV and TB initiatives in KwaZulu-Natal.
The incumbent will be taken in to perform the following support tasks:
- Ensure accurate collection and verification of research data
- Conduct literature research and interpret information as basis for feedback on technical activities
- Perform all functions while being based in the AHRI’s Durban facility
The AHRI Research Psychology Internship Programme does not guarantee full-time employment at the end of the internship period.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify for the internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must hold a post graduate degree in Social Science or Health
- Computer literate and knows how to use Microsoft Office applications
- Holds a South African driver’s license (Code B) with own vehicle
- Good background knowledge of TB and HIV/AIDS
- Familiarity with the scientific research process
- Capable of gathering and organizing data electronically
- Able to create reports
- Being fluent in English and isiZulu is a plus
Click here to view the job advert.
How to Apply
If you meet the basic qualifications and wish to apply for the position, click here to create an account (if you don’t have one).
Once done, log in and use the reference number DUR/RESPSYCINT/JAN/2020 to find the job opening.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 1 September 2019.
For further enquiries about the application process, click here.