AIG South Africa is calling on suitably qualified graduates who are interested in submitting their application for the company’s Financial Accountant Graduate Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1919, the American Insurance Group is considered by experts as one of the leaders in the global insurance sector. Together with its global affiliate companies, AIG provides a broad range of property-casualty insurance, retirement products, life insurance and other financial services. As a global financial services provider, it operates in over 80 countries.
In addition to the above-mentioned services, customers come to AIG for professional help in business and personal assets protection, retirement security and risk management.
AIG SA Financial Accounting Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will be working with the Operational Controller in the following duties:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly USGAAP reports
- Generating regulatory reports
- Review changes in the IFRS and propose changes accordingly
- Manage and ensure completeness of trial balance
- Manage a list of audit deliverables and provide assistance in avoiding overruns
- Participate in preparing board and investment committee packs
- Respond to financial inquiries by collecting, studying and interpreting data
- Provide assistance and approve journal voucher reviews suggested in FCOE
- Facilitate reconciliations clean up and help out in reviewing reconciliations
- Review FCOE functions and activities to improve processes and develop more effective methods
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must satisfy at least the minimum requirements to be considered eligible for this graduate programme:
- Holds a B Com Accounting degree (Honours in Accounting, preferred)
- Hands-on and with good interpersonal skills
- Knows how to use Microsoft Office applications
What is the selection process?
It is AIG’s policy, as well as its affiliates and subsidiaries, to promote the Equal Opportunity Employer act. This means these companies extend equal employment opportunities to each and every qualified individual regardless of color, race, age, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender expression or other legally protected categories.
How do I apply?
To apply, eligible applicants will need to register an account on AIG’s recruitment portal. Click here to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For additional information about the internship, call AIG South Africa at +27 21 526 1600.
Click the link to view the AIG SA Financial Accounting Graduate Programme 2020.