AIG South Africa is calling on energetic and suitably qualified graduates to submit an application and possibly qualify for the company’s Financial Lines Underwriting Assistant Operations Graduate Programme for the 2020 financial year.
Established in 1919, the American Insurance Group is considered by experts as one of the leaders in the global insurance sector. Together with its global affiliate companies, AIG provides a broad range of property-casualty insurance, retirement products, life insurance and other financial services. As a global financial services provider, it operates in over 80 countries.
In addition to the above-mentioned services, customers come to AIG for professional help in business and personal assets protection, retirement security and risk management.
AIG South Africa Financial Lines Assistant Underwriter Graduate Programme
Under the direct supervision of the Product Heads, the Financial Lines Assistant Underwriter will be working on D&O and Cyber risks in line with underwriting limits. Moreover, the successful applicant will be given the following duties to carry out:
- Underwrite business D&O and Cyber through a comprehensive risk assessment procedures e.g. claims history, loss control and other approved risk management factors
- Make sure all underwriting guidelines and referrals are adhered to
- Acquire senior underwriters’ or managers’ sign on each risk assessment
- Abide by company service level agreement to help guarantee operational efficiency and meeting agreed-upon customer service standards
Who should apply?
In order to be considered eligible for the graduate programme, candidates must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Holds a university degree in any of the field of studies listed below:
- Finance and Investments
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel Word, or Office
- Superb skills in written and oral communication
- Excellent organizationlal skills
What is the selection process?
AIG upholds the Equal Opportunity Employer policy and provides fair opportunities to qualified candidates no matter their race, age, religion, gender, national origin, gender expression or any legally protected categories. In addition, special preference will be extended to previously disadvantaged candidates as well as people living with disabilities.
How do I apply?
Candidates who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will need to register an account on AIG SA’s recruitment portal in order to apply. Click here to kick start the application process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this time.
Click the link to view the AIG SA Financial Lines Assistant Underwriter Graduate Programme advert 2020.