AIG South Africa has recently announced that it is opening its Legal Internship to qualified individuals. Established in 1919, the American Insurance Group is considered by experts as one of the leaders in the global insurance sector. Together with its global affiliate companies, AIG provides a broad range of property casualty insurance, retirement products, life insurance and other financial services. As a global financial services provider, it operates in over 80 countries.
In addition to the above mentioned services, customers come to AIG for professional help in business and personal assets protection, retirement security and risk management.
AIG Legal Graduate Internship Programme
As a Legal Intern at AIG, the selected candidates are expected to perform the following roles:
- Act as support to the Legal Department in terms of legal, administrative and other secretarial functions
- Provide Head of Legal with help in secretarial work, occasional research, drafting documents, submissions
- Manage database of legal templates and precedents
- Provide assistance to Head of Legal in managing the database of legal templates and precedents
- Provide assistance in promoting legal compliance
- Work with Compliance officers regarding compliance issues
Although AIG does not guarantee permanent employment at the end of the internship, the financial services company assures it is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Also, AIG aims to invest in its employees by providing seminars and initiatives that promote diversity and inclusion.
Requirements or Eligibility
In order to be considered for the AIG Legal Internship Programme, a Bachelors of Law degree is a basic requirement.
In addition to the programme’s basic qualification, AIG needs its interns to have:
- Sound organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Effective people skills
- Good eye for details
- Experience in corporate or insurance law (or both) a big plus
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements and are interested in joining the internship programme are required to go to AIG’s recruitment page to set up an account.
Click the link to AIG’s recruitment portal. Scroll to the bottom the click to the “Apply” button to get started.
Opening and Closing Date
AIG has yet to specify a deadline for submission of applications.
For other enqueries about the AIG Legal Internship Programme, call them at +27 (0)11 551 8000.
Click the link below if you want to know more about AIG South Africa.