French multinational, Air Liquide, is calling on exceptional graduates interested in joining its Primary Production Apprentice (Millwright) intake for 2022. If you’re thinking of applying, take a look at the minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements of the role before submitting your application.
About Air Liquide
Established in 1902, Air Liquide is considered one of the leading multinational companies that provide industrial gases and various services to customers such as medical, electronic and chemical manufacturers. It ranks a close second to Linde as the largest industrial gas provider in the world in terms of revenue. Currently operating in 80 countries, Air Liquide has major sites in the US (Texas, Delaware), Germany (Frankfurt), China (Shanghai) and UAE (Dubai). The company placed 500 in Fortune Global’s 2019 top 500 companies list. Currently, Air Liquide employs a workforce of about 67,000 serving over 3.7 million customers worldwide.
Air Liquide Primary Production Apprentice (Millwright) 2022
Taking on the role of a Millwright technician, the successful candidate’s primary functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all mechanical and electrical equipment/instrumentation are well-maintained for safety, reliability, and operability.
- Be responsible for maintaining all control systems hardware and programme, ensuring all are in good working condition at all times.
- Report problems, issues, or irregularities to the managers/supervisors.
- Lastly, it is the millwright technician’s job to ensure compliance to SANS 1042 and relevant legislation as well as operational knowledge of explosive environments.
Air Liquide’s plants in Richards Bay and Durban are currently accepting applications for this apprenticeship role.
Who should apply?
To qualify for the role, you need to meet the role’s minimum eligibility criteria and skills/competency requirements listed below:
- Must be a qualified millwright
- Holds an N5 or N6 qualification
- Minimal hands-on experience in an industrial setting
- Computer literate and knowledgeable with Maximo, SAP, or any relevant CMMS
- Knowledgeable with compressors, pumps, cooling towers, valves, vessels, filters, etc.
- Full grasp of the OHS Act
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to complete an online application form on Air Liquide’s job application portal. Click the appropriate link below to get started.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Please do not post any queries if this internship opportunity has already been closed. You may want to view our other graduate programmes, internships, and learnerships that are currently accepting applications.