The Alfred Nzo District Municipality is calling on qualified students to send in their applications as it starts the review for the awarding of its bursary programme for the incoming 2020 academic year.
Located north-east of Eastern Cape, Alfred Nzo District Municipality (ANDM) stretches all the way from Drakensberg mountains, lies in the northern boundary of Lesotho and to the east is Sisonke District Municipality. On the southern side is O.R. Tambo District Municipalty. In its efforts to further improve the lives of its constituents, the Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary Programme was launched.
Alfred Nzo District Municipality External Bursary Programme 2019
This external bursary programme is offered in line with the municipality’s drive to provide bursary funds and promote interest in identified scarce and critical skills. The fields of study instrumental to achieving these goals are the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Water Resource Management or Community Water Services and Sanitation (or other relevant courses in water and sanitation)
- Regional or Town Planning
- Maritime Studies
- Geographic Information System
Who should apply?
Thoroughly review the minimum requirements of the Alfred Nzo Municipal District External Bursary Programme before sending in your application. Listed below are the basic requirements:
- Students must be a resident of the Alfred Nzo area
- Must be financially underprivileged and with an outstanding academic record
- Able to present proof of financial state
- Between the ages of 16 and 35
- Studies must be pursued at a prescribed South African university
What is the selection process?
The bursary committee will award the bursary benefits on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Finanacial state of the applicant
How do I apply?
Aspiring bursars who meet the minimum programme requirements are to submit the below documents:
- Fully accomplished application form
- Grade 12 certificate
- Motivation letter
- Proof of acceptance at a prescribed South African university
- Certified copy of ID
- Proof of residence issued by the Ward Councillor
- Proof of household income or parent’s death certificate (if applicable)
Application forms can be secured from the ANDM offices, municipal offices of Matatiele, Umzimvubu, Mbizana and Ntabankulu, as well as from the Ward Councillors. The applications and required documents must be sent via email, post or hand delivered to:
The Senior Manager, Corporate Services
Alfred Nzo District Municipality
ERF 1400 Ntsizwa Street
Private Bag X 511 Mount Ayliff
Alfred Nzo District Municipality will be accepting applications until 10 January 2020. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Selected candidates will be contacted on or before 31 January 2020.
For enqueries, get in touch with:|
Ms. A.N. Zibobo,
Human Resource Development Section
(039) 254 5112/5125
Click the link to view the Alfred Nzo External Bursary Programme 2020 advert.
If you’d like to know more about ANDM, kindly click on the link below: