The Allan Gray Orbis Fellowship Bursary Programme is calling on qualified applicants in need of financial aid to complete their university studies. The bursary progamme is run by the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Fellowship. Funded from the taxed profits of Allan Gray Limited, the Foundation seeks to contribute to the country’s sustained growth by developing future entrepreneurs.
Allan Gray established the foundation in 2005. It now operates in four 4 (four) African countries which include Botswana, Swaziland, South Africa and Namibia, providing development and support for people who possess a keen interest in entrepreneurship.
Successful candidates will have access to the following:
- Academic and financial support
- A Personal Development Officer to provide help with adapting to the new environment
- An Entrepreneurial Leadership Officer to encourage beneficiaries to exercise their entrepreneurial skills
- An Industry Mentor to help beneficiaries get a clearer understanding of entrepreneurial concepts and traits in the working environment
Allan Gray Orbis Fellowship Foundation Bursary Programme
This programme aims to guide university students to develop as highly effective and responsible entrepreneurs. The entrepreneurial curriculum is disseminated utilizing the AGOF Online Campus and is offered to selects up to 100 deserving and highly qualified students pursuing any of the prescribed courses listed below:
- Health Sciences ( except Dentistry, Veterinary Science and Medicine
Who should apply?
For Grade 12 students seeking bursary funding, the basic requirements are as follows:
- Grade 11 Pure Mathematics final result is Level 5
- Grade 11 final average is Level 6 (not including Life Orientation
- Completed National Benchmark Test on or before 30 September 2020
- Not older than 21 years old in the year of application
- Intends to pursue studies in Commerce, Engineering, Humanities, Health or Law
- Must intend to study in universities such as UJ, WITS, NMU UCT, UWC, RU, UP, SU, TSIBA and UKZ
For 1st year university applicants
- Achieved at least 65% average for June 2020 mid-year exam
- Intends to pursue studies in Commerce, Engineering, Humanities, Health or Law (does not include Veterinary Science, Dentistry and Medicine)
- Must be enrolled in schools such as UJ, UCT, SU, RU, UFS, UWC, NMU, UP, TSIBA, KZN or WITS
- Applicant’s age must be below 22 in the year of application
- A South African citizen
What is the selection process?
- Completed application forms are submitted before the deadline
- Prospective candidates are to take the National Benchmark Tests by 30 September 2020 (Math and AQL tests
- Shortlisted candidates will come for an in-person interview
- Shortlisted candidates will come for a Selection Camp
How do I apply?
Qualified Grade 12 students who meet the basic requirements can apply by registering an account and filling out the online application form. Click here to start the application process.
Download the application form here. After completing the application form, hand-deliver it together with the required documents to:
46 Hof Street, Oranjezicht
8th Floor, Florum Building
2 Maude Street
Send it by post to:
Allan Gray Orbis Foundation,
Freepost no: CB 11349, Kloof Street
The deadline for submission of applications for Grade 12 applicants is on 17 April 2020.
For 1st-year university students, applications will open on 4 May 2020 and close on 07 August 2020.
For further enquiries, send them to: fellowship@allangrayorbis
or call telephone number: 086 123 9235