Allan Gray Investment Management has recently announced new openings for its IT Internship Programmes for this year. Based in South Africa, Allan Gray is an investment management firm serving individual investors, insurance companies, institutional investors foundations, trusts, foreign institutions and foundations.
Founded in the later part of 1973 as Allan Gray Investment Council, it changed its name to Allan Gray Ltd. after its incorporation in 1992. The company now employs about 1000 employees and runs investment assets all across the African continent.
Allan Gray Internship Programmes 2019
The Allan Gray Internship Programme seeks to attract bright and talented students from all over South Africa. The selected candidates will basically provide assistance on active projects where interns can acquire a great deal of knowledge about work.
The company is currently offering two internship programmes – a business internship and an IT intership programme. Both programmes run from 24 June – 12 July 2019.
Business Internship Programme (Job Code: 3400)
The successful interns will be assigned to suitable business areas as determined by their skills and qualifications. As an Alan Gray Intern, the participant will:
- Solve a lot of problems in the business area assigned
- Acquire exposure to the best practices of the company
- Receive coaching from senior management
The business areas where the selected interns will be placed into include the following:
- Retail Client Services
- Product Development
- Retail Operations
- Institutional Client Services
- Strategic Markets
IT Internship Programme (Job Code: 3398)
Interns for this programme will have an opportunity to work with one of the most exciting tech professionals in the industry. Interns from outside of Cape Town will given free accommodations for the duration of the programme as well as free lunches.
As IT Interns at Allan Gray, participants will be working with fellow interns as hey create software programmes that can help solve business challenges in the real world. Participants will gain exposure in the following areas:
- Technical Testing
- Software Development
- Business Analytics
The Alan Gray Internship Programmes do not guarantee permament employement within the company at the end of the internship programmes.
Requirements or Eligibility
To qualify, candidates must have the following minimum qualifications:
IT Internship Programme
- In the process of finishing a Bachelor’s
Degree with a major in Information Systems or Computer Science
- Must have a keen interest in software development which includes coding, design or testing
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Eager to learn and great at problem solving
- Students in their final year of studies preferred (consideration will be given to students in their second to the last year of studies)
Applicants who did not pass the selection process may apply for the any of the business-related internship programmes available
Business Internship Programme
- Obtained a college degree in Commmerce, Actuarial Science, Statistics or any related studies
- Students in their final year of studies preferred (consideration will be given to students in their second to the last year of studies
- Obtained at least a 65% GPA
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
How to Apply
Interested parties can apply by creating an account at the Allan Gray career’s page. Click the link below to get started:
Opening and Closing Date
Deadline for submission of applications is on 30 April 2019.
Learn more about Allan Gray Investment Management by clicking the link below: