ALPLA Packaging SA is currently inviting suitably qualified and interested individuals to submit their applications and qualify for its HR Internship Programme for 2022. If you want to join the internship, be sure to take a few minutes to go over the role description and minimum eligibility requirements before applying.
About Alpla Packaging SA
ALPLA is one of the world’s premiere manufacturers of plastic packaging for various consumer products such as food and drinks, household detergents, care and cosmetic products, washing and cleaning agents, lubricants and engine oils.
Founded in 1955, ALPLA currently operates 178 production facilities and has about 20,800 employees in 46 countries around the world. In 2014, ALPLA established a production facility in Johannesburg and further widened its footprint in North Africa and the Middle East with its joint venture deal with the Egyptian Taba Group which later became ALPLA TABA in 2017. To date, ALPLA has 22 production plants and about 2,180 employees in Africa, Turkey, and the Middle East.
Alpla HR Internship 2022
The successful candidate will be based in Alpla’s Johannesburg offices and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Submit and receive back access control cards for new hires and terminated employees
- Register new hires and deactivate fingerprint access and IT accounts of terminated employees
- Monitor employees’ daily attendance and furnish reports to department managers
- Manage and update employee files and records
- Prepare and amend HR documents when necessary
- Liaise with external partners such as recruitment agencies
- Generate daily reports on HR metrics involving new hires, terminations, and company turnovers
- Serve as the first point of contact for HR-related queries
- Provide assistance with payroll by furnishing relevant employee data to the appropriate department
- Support various internal arrangements e.g. travel and employee expenses
- Update training records and file training registers
- Conduct recruitment of blue collar employees and facilitate technical induction of new employees
- Assist HRBP resignation/withdrawal proceedings and ensure completion of checklist for employees for submission to the HR Administrator after accomplishing necessary checks
Who should apply?
Candidates must be able to meet the minimum eligibility requirements as listed below:
- Must hold a Human Resources, Law, or Administration degree and/or 1 to 2 years proven working background in personnel administration
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Able to organize and prioritize a full workload
- High level of accuracy and with a sharp eye for details
- Effective communication skills and able to establish effective working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Knowledgeable in using an HR database or system
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to access the internship’s advert page and fill out the online application form. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
For more details, get in touch with Alpla Packaging’s Human Resources team by contacting:
Ms Busisiwe Hlongwane
+27 11 387 8810
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Alpla HR Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships open for application.