French rail transport company Alstom, is inviting Industrial Engineering graduates to apply for its upcoming Industrial Engineering Internship programme intake for 2022. If interested, be sure to review the selection criteria as well as the job description of the role to find out if it’s a good match for you.
Established in 1928 with the merger of the Thomson-Houston Electric Co. and Société Alsacienne de Constructions Mécaniques, Alstom is a global company involved in the rail transport sector, particularly in the areas of passenger transportation, locomotives and signalling. Alstom is the company behind brand names such as TGV, Pendolino and AGV high-speed trains. This is in addition to metro, suburban and regional trains, not to mention Citadis trams.
Alstom Industrial Engineering Internship 2022
Alstom is in need of 3 qualified individuals to fill Industrial Engineering Internship openings at its Nigel facilities in Gauteng province. The successful candidates are to report directly to the PME Manager and will be responsible for fulfilling the following duties:
- Utilize various engineering tools and methodologies to measure and analyze processes, work methods, layouts, flow, and operations
- Resolve workshop problems involving jigs and operating modes
- Take charge of modifications until it application on the manufacturing line
- Identify, design, and confirm production management
- Identify, write, authenticate, and comply with instruction and first level control sheet
- Operate, program, and resolve problems with the load bench tests, wheel fitting press, and electronic torque tightening equipment
- Analyze statistics and root causes and recommend solutions accordingly
- Measure and evaluate operations, layouts,methods, flow, and processes
- Identify effective production standards, manufacturing methods, and staffing needs through mathematical and statistical calculations
- Design and craft proposals for enhanced layout, systems and work methods for presentation to the management
- Ensure compliance to optimal health and safety measures and point out possible violations
- Assist in resolving quality issues and measure defects
- Actively participate in transversal action in support of consistent improvement processes such as APSYS, 5S, Team, SWIP and 5-minute meeting
Note that this is not an exhaustive list of the Intern’s duties and responsibilities. Check a complete rundown of the role’s duties and responsibilities by clicking the link at the bottom of the page.
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, candidates must be able to meet the internship’s initial eligibility requirements.
- Successfully passed S4 subjects (industrial engineering)
- Comprehensive and accurate knowledge in operations management, facilities, work study, and material handling e.g. product industrialization (preferably in lean manufacturing)
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Catia and/or simulation order
- Strong knowledge in machine and programmation
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants can head on over to Alstom’s online recruitment page and register their profile to apply. Click the link below to get started:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
If you wish to contact Gibela Transport Rail, you can reach them at: +27 (0)10 6000 651.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Alstom Industrial Engineering Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.