French-based rail transport company Alstom, is calling on suitable candidates to submit an application and qualify for its Information Systems Graduate Programme. Check the minimum qualifications and find out if you’re eligible to join the programme.
Established in 1928 with the merger of the Thomson-Houston Electric Co. and Société Alsacienne de Constructions Mécaniques, Alstom is a global company involved in the rail transport sector, particularly in the areas of passenger transportation, locomotives and signalling. Alstom is the company behind brand names such as TGV, Pendolino and AGV high-speed trains. This is in addition to metro, suburban and regional trains, not to mention Citadis trams.
Alstom SA Information Systems Graduate Programmes
The successful candidate will be joining Gibela Rail Transport, a railway rolling stock manufacturing company with Alstom owning 60% of the company. As part of the graduate programme, the incumbent can look forward to the following:
- Challenging work environment and an opportunity to work with various teams within Alstom South Africa
- Acquire essential skills in the transport rail manufacturing sector
- Receive training and development in terms of technical and non-technical skills
Currently, Alstom is offering graduate programmes in the following areas:
- Configuration and Change Management
- RAMS Data Analyst
- Enterprise Resources Planning
Who should apply?
Candidates who satisfy the following minimum requirements are eligible to submit an application:
- Holds a degree in Information Systems or any relevant tertiary degree
- National Diploma or BTech in Information Science or Computer Systems (for Configuration and Change Management)
- Must have no prior work experience
- Must be a citizen of South Africa between 18 and 35 years old
- A South African citizen between 18 and 35 years
- Outstanding English communication skills
- No prior work experience
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office tools
- Positive, passionate and self-reliant
- High level of integrity, honesty, respect and teamwork
What is the selection process?
Qualified applicants will be shortlisted.
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer, and preference is afforded to individuals living with disabilities and residents living near the Gibela factory and the surrounding areas.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need to register an account on Alstom’s recruitment portal in order to apply. Also, be sure to attach the following credentials during the application process:
- Up-to-date CV
- Most recent and certified copies of qualifications
- Academic transcript
- SA identity document (certified copy)
To get started, click on the link to register an account,
For Configuration and Change Management and Enterprise Resources Planning applicants, applications are open until 21 August 2020.
RAMS Data Analyst applications will be accepted until 20 August 2020.
If you wish to contact Gibela Transport Rail, you can reach them at: +27 (0)10 6000 651.
- How long will it take to complete?
Alstom SA’s Information Systems Graduate Programmes will run for a duration of 12 months.
- Where will the graduate programme take place?
All positions are based at Gibela Transport Rail’s manufacturing sites in Nigel, Ekurhuleni or Wolmerton, Pretoria North.
Click on the link to view a PDF copy of the graduate programme you wish to apply for: