French rail transport company Alstom, is inviting Mechanical Engineering graduates to apply for its upcoming Electrical Engineering Internship programme intake for 2022. If interested, be sure to review the selection criteria as well as the job description of the role to find out if it’s a good match for you.
Established in 1928 with the merger of the Thomson-Houston Electric Co. and Société Alsacienne de Constructions Mécaniques, Alstom is a global company involved in the rail transport sector, particularly in the areas of passenger transportation, locomotives and signalling. Alstom is the company behind brand names such as TGV, Pendolino and AGV high-speed trains. This is in addition to metro, suburban and regional trains, not to mention Citadis trams.
Alstom Mechanical Engineering Internship 2022
The internship role is based at Alstom’s Nigel facilities in Gauteng with the successful candidate expected to fulfill these duties and responsibilities:
- Support Zero Defect Programme activities
- Participate in APSYS Quality Roadmap
- Communicate and ensure compliance to quality standards with other functions
- Actively encourage and uphold Alstom’s quality key points and standards
- Manage industrial quality documentation/records
- Inspect and ensure quality of components, goods, and sub-assemblies; identify, report, and resolve issues as needed
- Participate in corrective action activities and meetings
Who should apply?
Candidates must possess the following minimum eligibility requirements, knowledge, skills, and background to qualify for consideration:
- Successfully completed Mechanical/NDT S4 subjects
- Completed S4 electrical engineering subjects
- Preferably with knowledge in ISO 9001:2015
Background in quality improvement processes, assurance systems and procedures, and quality control is a big plus
- Basic knowledge in reading and interpreting technical drawings
- Knows how to utilize measuring instruments
- Eager to do problem-solving and working within a team
- Innovative and good at organizing and planning
- Strong sense of integrity and perseverance
- Knows how to prioritize and allocate resources
How do I apply?
Eligible candidates will need to register their profile in order to apply for this internship. Click on the link below to get started:
Also, Alstom is currently accepting applications via email. Send your application together with your up-to-date CV, qualifications (certified copies), and South African ID to:
or by fax to 011 8142941
Applicants who do not receive feedback regarding their application 14 days after the closing date should consider their application as unsuccessful.
No deadline for submission of applications had been set as of this posting.
If you wish to contact Gibela Transport Rail, you can reach them at +27 (0)10 6000 651.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Alstom Mechanical Engineering Internship 2022 advert page.
If this internship is no longer available, please do not make any queries. View our other graduate internships that are open for application.