Applications are now open for the Alstom SA Repair Loop Internship 2023 intake at the rail company’s Johannesburg location. Be sure to check the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role if you wish to apply.
Established in 1928 with the merger of the Thomson-Houston Electric Co. and Société Alsacienne de Constructions Mécaniques, Alstom is a global company involved in the rail transport sector, particularly in the areas of passenger transportation, locomotives and signalling. Alstom is the company behind brand names such as TGV, Pendolino and AGV high-speed trains. This is in addition to the metro, suburban and regional trains, not to mention Citadis trams. Alstom currently employs close to 30,000 individuals across more than countries with an annual sales close to 6B€.
Alstom SA Repair Loop Internship 2023
As part of the 12-month Alstom SA Repair Loop Internship 2023 programme, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to acquire essential skills in the transport rail manufacturing sector. The role is based at Gibela Transport Rail in Midrand and Wolmerton where the successful candidate is expected to carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities
- Refer dismounted train parts due for repairs and conduct necessary follow-ups
- Make sure availability and performance objectives are met in accordance with customer requirements
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet these minimum eligibility requirements to be able to apply for the role:
- Holds a National Diploma or degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A South African citizen between the age of 18 and 35
- Exceptional English communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Honest, respectful, with a strong sense of integrity and team spirit
- Dependable, self-reliant, flexible, and efficient
- Passionate with an optimistic mindset
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements of the role and would like to apply, click on the link below and register your profile on Alstom’s online recruitment portal to get started.
Be sure to upload the following support documents as instructed:
- Comprehensive and up-to-date CV
- Certified copies of all qualifications including academic transcripts
- Certified copy of South African ID
Or simply log in if you already have an account.
Alstom will be accepting applications for this internship role until 29 March 2023.
For enquiries, contact Alstom at their Cape Town offices by calling +27 21 959 8400