Allied Electronics Corporation Limited, popularly known as Altron, is calling on qualified individuals to send in their application for its upcoming Bank SETA Cyber Security Internship. Be sure to go over the minimum requirements of the programme before applying.
Established in 1965, Altron is a telecommunication and information technology company with a workforce of 8,500 employees around the world.
The company maintains strategic partnerships with top tech companies based in the Middle East, Australia, Europe and the rest of Africa. This allows the Altron Group access to the latest technologies and products. In addition, Altron offers technological services utilized in safety and security, fintech, healthcare as well as developmental learning programmes.
Altron SA: Bank SETA – Cyber Security Internship 2021
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to acquire a year’s work experience as well as international certifications in CompTIA Security and Ethical Hacking after successfully completing examinations.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Develop, update, and execute security protocols and controls
- Assess IT security/risk posture within the company’s IT network and system
- Conduct risk and vulnerabilities assessments
- Ensure information systems and digital files are secure from tampering or unauthorized access
- Provide technical assistance and monitor security access
- Conduct routine internal and external security audits
- Monitor and assess Intrusion Prevention Systems, Security Information and Event Management, and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Develop, modify, and update IPS, SIEM, and IDS rules
- Conduct analysis of security breaches
- Suggest and execute anti-malware software and relevant security tools
- Identify, adapt, and manage corporate security protocols and policies
- Educate staff on security awareness through training
- Coordinate security procedures with external clients
- Identify security vulnerabilities and let management know about it
- Detect cybercrime perpetrators and work with the proper authorities if need be
- Identify unsuccessful, successful, and potential breach activities by thoroughly analyzing relevant summary information and event details
- Maintain security logs of monitoring and incident response activities
- Report findings and provide recommendations for appropriate action
Who should apply?
Applicants will need to meet the following minimum requirements to qualify:
- Holds a 3-year diploma or degree in Computer Science, Systems Support, Communication and Networks, Network Support, Network Engineering, or other IT-related studies
- Possesses a strong interest in cyber security
- Familiar with information security concepts and knowledgeable in the cyber threat language
- Currently not unemployed
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong eye for details
- Under 29 years old
- Not pursuing any other studies for the duration of the internship
- Persons with disabilities must submit a medical certificate stating the nature of the disability
- Clean ITC and with no criminal record
- A South African citizen with a valid SA ID
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants will need access Altron’s recruitment page and fill out an online application form. Click below to start the process:
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For further questions call:
Tel: +27 11 645 3600
or send an email to:
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Altron SA Bank SETA Cyber Security Internship 2021