Amazon.com, Inc. is inviting applications from suitable graduates who would like to become part of the tech giant’s Account Manager I Internship programme in South Africa.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their careers with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Account Manager I Internship 2021
The successful candidate will become part of the Amazon Web Services Sales Team, particularly Tech Sales. As an Account Manager I Intern, the incumbent will:
- Gain an opportunity to develop the expertise to introduce appropriate cloud solutions to new and current customers.
- Grow consumer consumption of present and new AWS services in specific business segments e.g. Education and Healthcare
- Effectively apply technical and sales training and experience when engaging customers in taking full advantage of the power of cloud technology
- Develop and sustain active customer and prospect engagements
- Manage one or more areas alone or with one or multiple account managers
Who should apply?
Be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria before applying:
- Must hold a degree, honours,
or master’s in Computer Science, IT, Digital Marketing, or Marketing
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Currently pursuing final year of bachelor’s or master’s qualification in any of studies mentioned above
- Preferably with no more than a year of work experience or has completed other internships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate efficient time management, hit personal goals, and be productive
- An agile learner who can think on his/her feet in a fast-paced and multitasking work environment
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial eligibility requirements and would like to send an application, register an applicant account on Amazon’s online recruitment page.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For more information about Amazon SA’s application process, click here to access the FAQ page.
- How long will it take to complete the internship programme?
The internship runs for a period of 12 months.
- Where will the successful candidate be assigned?
The Account Manager intern will be based in Amazon SA’s Johannesburg or Cape Town offices.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Amazon SA Account Manager I Internship Programme 2021 advert.