Amazon.com is looking for suitable graduates to submit their application and qualify for its Engineering Operations Internship Programme in South Africa. Go over the programme’s minimum eligibility requirements to find out if you qualify to apply.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their career with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Engineering Operations Internship
The successful candidate will become part of the company’s Data Center Engineering Operations team which in charge of maintaining the critical physical infrastructure supporting Amazon Web Services. This entails ensuring 100% availability of the data center’s MEP while sustaining excellent customer service to groups within these data centers. Such equipment include back up diesel generators, UPS’, AHUs, PDUs, EFs, switchgear, cooling towers, chillers, chemical treatment systems, motors, building monitoring systems and VFDs to name a few.
The duties and responsibilities of the Engineering Operations Technician Intern, or EOT are as follows:
- Under direct supervision, provide assistance with maintaining and operating electrical and mechanical equipment
- Conduct root cause analysis on equipment failures
- Under supervision, perform troubleshooting on rack-level and facility events within existing internal SLA
- Adhere to safety protocols while performing tasks
- Amenable to work 12-hour rotating shifts including working days or nights
- Perform regular operational readings of all electrical and mechanical equipment
- Participate in internal and external training courses in accordance with B-BBEE Internship skills development guidelines
Who should apply?
- Must be a current college graduate and completed a national diploma qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Not in a full-time employment contract
- Excellent skills in oral and written communication
- Dependable organizational and leadership skills
- Keen attention to detail
- A self-starter with excellent skills in prioritizing tasks within a complex and fast-paced work environment
- Good computer skills and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Committed to safety and security protocols
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to submit an application will need to register their profile on Amazon.com’s recruitment page.
Use the job ID 1281121 to easily pull up the advert.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information about the application process click the link to access Amazon SA’s FAQ page.
- Where will it take place?
The Engineering Operations Technician Intern will be based in Amazon SA’s Cape Town offices
- How long will it take to complete?
This internship will run for a period of six months.
View a PDF copy of the Amazon SA Engineering Operations Internship 2021 by clicking the link.