Amazon.com, Inc. is inviting suitable graduates in South Africa who are interested in submitting an application and qualifying for its upcoming Logistics Internship programme. Before jumping to the application process, be sure to go over the minimum qualification requirements of the internship.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their career with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Logistics Internship 2021
As an Amazon Logistics Intern, the successful candidate will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Review inbound shipments, ongoing demand and data center inventories to maintain proper stock levels in all locations
- Work with the Logistics Manager in creating plans to optimize the movement of parts through its lifecycle (inventory location, age, movement, turns)
- Work closely with data center engineers and operations technicians in order to fulfill parts accurately and in a timely manner
- Provide assistance to Hardware Engineering and Procurement with purchasing new parts and interacting with vendors to receive replacements and process replacements
- Ensure accurate data entry and resolve queries from peer organizations
- Work with software development in maintaining continuity of process improvements
- Ensure metrics dashboards are up to date and generate reports for management, internal and external suppliers
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet the following minimum requirements to qualify for consideration:
- Holds a relevant bachelor’s degree
- Possesses no more than 3.5 years work experience in Logistics
- Clear knowledge of shipping and receiving, warehousing and inventory processes
- Knowledge of ERP systems and other relevant statistical analysis tools
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of practices in logistics
- Capable of lifting loads weighing up to 49 pounds then moving to short distances
- Capable of demonstrating lean process
- Knows how to create process documentation
- Physically fit to move heavy objects in place
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel and outlook
Applicants with the following qualifications will have a definite advantage:
- Possesses a recognized professional materials management qualification
- Background in IT industry logistics
- Working knowledge in metrics-based performance analysis
- Punctual with exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking capability
- Demonstrated leadership skills and positive attitude towards work
- Committed to safety and security protocols
- Demonstrated skill problem-solving and creating new processes utilizing software systems
- Experience in project management
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to submit an application will need to register their profile on Amazon.com’s recruitment page.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
For more information about the application process click the link to access Amazon SA’s FAQ page.
View a PDF copy of the Amazon SA Logistics Internship 2021 by clicking the link.