Amazon.com, Inc. is inviting applications from qualified graduates who are interested in becoming part of the tech giant’s Product Manager Tech Internship programme in South Africa.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their career with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Product Manager Tech Internship 2020
As an Amazon Product Manager Tech Intern, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, performing the following tasks:
- Take charge of end-to-end product management of one of the company’s diverse line of technical products. This product could be any one of Amazon’s technical services or hardware and software offerings
- Deep dive into the technology from both a customer and product standpoint
- Make strategic and data-driven decisions and influence important transformative breakthroughs
- Gain exposure to multiple lines of business and products in order to develop into a senior manager position handling large business units and organizations e.g. Amazon Web Services, Prime Video, Appstore, Alexa and Supply Chain Technologies
Who should apply?
Amazon South requires applicants to meet these minimum requirements in order to be considered for this internship opportunity:
- Must be pursuing a college programme
- Passionate about technology and eager to be immersed in technological products Amazon is developing
- Willing to learn and expand technical expertise
- Must have general manager/owner frame of mind, able to influence others and entrepreneurial drive
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to determine and resolve ambiguous problems
- Able to work effectively together with cross-functional dreams
Moreover, Amazon SA prefers candidates with the following attributes:
- Great attention to details with proven skills in handling several competing priorities all at the same time
- Sense of intellectual curiosity drive and persistence to deliver results
- An undergraduate pursuing Engineering, Math and English and/or with experience in product management
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements and wish to apply for the internship position, register your profile on the company’s jobs portal. Click here to kick start the application process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further enquiries, please click here to access Amazon’s FAQ page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Amazon SA Product Manager Tech Internship programme advert.