Amazon.com, Inc. is inviting qualified graduates in South Africa who are interested in submitting an application and qualifying for bursary assistance through the tech giant’s Recruitment Bursary Programme for the 2021 academic year.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their career with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon Recruitment Bursary Programme
Launched in 2018 by the Amazon Development Centre in South Africa, the Recruitment Bursary Programme is designed to provide qualified students access to bursary support to further their studies.
The bursary scheme will provide coverage for the following study-related expenses up to a certain amount:
- Tuition fees
- Private/residence accommodation
- Books and stationery
- Personal computer
- Transportation expenses
Upon successful completion of their studies, beneficiaries will get a chance to work at Amazon.
Who should apply?
Applicants must be able to meet the initial qualification requirements:
- Active students on their first or second year of studies pursuing their qualification in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Grade 12 learners must achieve at least 75% GPA
- First-year students must be able to get at least a 70% GPAA
- Applicants must be able to envision themselves working as future developers at a major tech company
- Amenable to render work at Amazon for the same number of years bursary support was received
- Willing to take part in training opportunities and vacation work
What is the selection process?
No relevant info
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants will need to access Amazon SA’s bursary application portal to apply. Click here to get started.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 30 September 2020.
For more information, contact StudyTrust, a third party company managing Amazon SA’s bursary programme.
Tel. no: 011 403 1632
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Amazon Recruitment Bursary Programme 2021 advert.