Amazon.com, Inc. is seeking applications from qualified individuals who are interested in becoming part of this tech giant’s Cloud Support Internship programme in South Africa.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Cloud Support Internship 2020
As an Amazon Cloud Support Intern, the successful candidate will be working with the global team of Amazon Web Services professionals as a member of the AWS Cloud Support group.
The duties and responsibilities of the AWS Cloud Support Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Learn and apply new technologies
- Implement latest troubleshooting methods to offer exceptional solution to AWS customers
- Work with top engineers across the globe
- Collaborate with AWS teams to recreate and solve customer issues
- Use customer support experience in order to provide essential feedback which the AWS teams can work with to improve support processes
- Create tutorials and technical materials or the developer communities
- Resolve critical and complex customer issues that may cover multiple AWS services
Who should apply?
To qualify for the internship post, Amazon SA requires applicants to at least possess the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be in their final of qualification towards a Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or any other related degree
- Must have experience with any of the following scripting language
- Shell scripting
- Knowledgeable in network, system, and OS
- Knowledgeable with cloud computing and internet fundamentals
- Clear grasp of Database, Big Data, and Storage concepts
- Background in troubleshooting network issues such as TCP/IP, switching, firewalls, routing, DNS
What is the selection process?
Amazon employs a simple yet reliable process in selecting suitable candidates:
- Online application
- Phone interview
- Personal interview
How do I apply?
Candidates who satisfy the above minimum criteria and wish to push through with the application process will need to create an account on Amazon.com’s jobs portal. Click here to set up the account and kick start the application process.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
For further enquiries, please click here to access Amazon’s FAQ page.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Amazon SA Cloud Support Internship Programme 2021 advert.