Amazon.com, Inc. is inviting applications from qualified graduates who are interested in becoming part of the tech giant’s Software Development Engineer Internship programme in South Africa.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their career with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Software Development Engineer Internship 2020
The successful candidates will be working with one of Amazon South Africa’s software development team and will get hands-on experience developing and launching new initiatives which involve the following processes: from
- Conceptualizing ideas
- Technical design
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Attend induction training prior to team integration
- Push own learning and development with coaching from a manager, colleagues and work buddies
- Assist software dev team in developing complex tools using various programming languages that will enhance the quality of the company’s catalog
- Create professional-grade software by utilizing best practices in software engineering while gaining exposure from cutting edge technologies
Who should apply?
In order to qualify, applicants must be able to satisfy these minimum eligibility criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or any relevant degree
- Knows Computer Science fundamentals e.g. algorithm design, object-oriented design, problem-solving, data structures and complexity analysis
- Knowledgeable in Perl, Ruby or C/C++
Good to have
- Has development experience in Linux, Perl, C, C++ and Java
- Interested in creating web services and any other large scale distributed systems
How do I apply?
If you meet the minimum eligibility requirements and would like to move forward with the application process, click here to register an account.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as this writing.
For further enquiries, please click here to access Amazon’s FAQ page.
- Where will the internship take place?
The successful candidates will be based in Amazon SA’s Johannesburg offices.
- How long will it take to complete the internship?
The internship will run for 2-3 months and will be flexible enough to accommodate the interns’ school schedule.
Click the link to view the Amazon SA Software Development Engineer Internship advert.