Amazon.com, Inc. is inviting applications from qualified individuals who are interested in becoming part of the tech giant’s Solutions Architect Internship programme in South Africa.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue. This is a great opportunity for graduate students to jump-start their career with one of the leading tech companies in the world today.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
Amazon SA Solutions Architect Internship
As Solutions Architect for Amazon South Africa, the successful candidate will receive comprehensive and in-depth training in modern infrastructure management and design. There will be opportunities for industry-recognized certification as well as exposure to real-world challenges.
The incumbent will evaluate, design and transmit reference tech solutions in partnership with AWS Account Managers and AWS Solutions Architects. Moreover, the duties and responsibilities of the Solutions Architect interns areas listed below:
- Prepare solutions and designs for actual technical questions and issues alongside fellow Solutions Architects
- Shadow phone interactions and in-person meetings between AWS customers and Solutions Architects
- Come up with deliverable projects for AWS customers that involve developing solutions within the AWS platform
Who should apply?
You must be able to satisfy the programme’s minimum eligibility criteria in order to apply for the position:
- Currently pursuing a Computer Science degree or any other relevant qualification
- Basic knowledge of computing, networking, storage and scripting
- Deep interest in technology
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Has created educational or personal technical projects
- General experience in developer tools, database, IoT areas, and big data
- Completed a career pathway in AWS Educate
How do I apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to pursue the internship position will need to register an account on Amazon SA’s online recruitment platform. Click here to register an account,
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this writing.
Click the link to view the application FAQ page for more information.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the Amazon SA Solutions Architect Internship Programme advert.