Aurecon, a leading, full-service engineering company, is calling on suitable and deserving students to submit an application for its Bursary Programme opportunity for 2021. Review the qualifications, inclusions and other essential below prior to applying.
Aurecon is a global infrastructure and engineering advisory company operating major delivery centers in South Africa and Australia. Established in 2009 by Ninham Shand and Connel Wagner, Currently, Aurecon has more than 70 offices operating in 26 countries.
As a premier global engineering company, Aurecon serves a wide range of clients across various markets worldwide. Its popular projects include the Sol Plaatje Library in Kimberley North Cape, Times Square Casino in Tshwane and the Sun Arena, among others.
Aurecon Bursary Programme 2021
The Aurecon Bursary Programme is offered to qualified and deserving students pursuing any tertiary degrees related to Aurecon’s business operations. These courses include BEng or BSc qualifications in:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Chemical Engineering or other related disciplines
The bursary amount can cover up R120,000 each year, subject to modification, to support their school-related expenses. In addition to the bursary offer, the company also provides practical training relevant to the qualification. The bursary is renewed each year as long as the bursar’s academic records satisfy the standards set by the programme.
Who should apply?
To qualify for the Aurecon Bursary Programme. applicants must satisfy the minimum requirements of the programme listed below:
- Must be pursuing or intending to pursue the qualifications mentioned above
- For Grade 12 students, must have obtained a 7 symbol in Math and Science with an overall average of no less than 75%
- Current university students must have at least:
- 70% GPA for first-year students
- 65%-&0% for second-year students
- 60%-65% for third-year students
Successful candidates must be amenable to work one year for each year of bursary coverage. This obligation starts after graduation of the beneficiary.
What is the selection process?
- Applicants who apply online and meet the minimum criteria are short-listed
- Qualifying applicants will receive an invitation for a number of panel interviews
- Applicants who perform the most during the panel interviews will then be assessed and receive the bursary award based on academic fortitude, interview performance and financial of the applicants
How to Apply
Qualified applicants will need to fill out the application form and must be submitted along with your supporting documents:
- Copy of CV in PDF or Word format
- South African ID book, certified copy
- Complete academic records, certified copies
- Completed application form
Applications open on 1 July 2020. Make sure to bookmark this page until then.
Click here to access the online bursary application page. Note that the link may not be accessible until the opening date.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 August 2020.
For further inquiries, reach Aurecon directly by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
View the Aurecon Bursary Programme 2021 advert by clicking the link.