AVBOB was founded in 1918 in Bloemfontein and since then it has grown to become the largest Mutual Assurance Society of Africa that offers all types of funeral insurance and meets the needs of funeral and burial services with respect, dignity and sensitivity. Currently, AVBOB insures over 3,8 million lives.
Due to AVBOB’s status as an Assurance Mutual Society, their shareholders are not external; their members are the only ones who get shares of profits. AVBOB distributes the excess profits of the society to their members as special bonuses and other member benefits.
There are three operating divisions at AVBOB:
- AVBOB Insurance – Providing a wide range of funeral insurance policies with the recent introduction of the Cashback Life insurance policy. AVBOB pays FREE funeral benefits to all policyholders whose funeral is conducted by AVBOB.l.
- AVBOB Funeral Service – more than 150 funeral homes across the country are operated by professionals.
- AVBOB Industries – located in Bloemfontein, the company manufactures quality wreaths, caskets, and coffins.
AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society Internship
As part of the YES initiative, AVBOB hosts a YES Graduate Programme to encourage the youth that has excelled in the academic field. Those who have an understanding of the sales processes, and who are interested in the field of financial intermediaries, are encouraged to apply. For the position of Telemarketer in Soweto under this unemployed Graduate Program. Role functions include marketing and Sales.
Who should apply?
The applicants must fulfill the following minimum requirements to be eligible to apply for the AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society Internship 2022. Your application will not be considered if you fail to satisfy any of the required criteria.
Following are the criteria to be eligible for the internship:
- The applicant must be a citizen of South African
- Age must not exceed 35 years
- The candidate must be unemployed
- You must be driven by sales and targets
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completed a three-year educational qualification from a Tvet College or a recognized public institution.
- A qualification recognized by FAIS and RE 5 will be advantageous.
- Excellent command of the English language (proficient in speaking and understanding).
- It would be beneficial if you are fluent in an African language.
- Accounting / Mathematics (subject in school)
- The candidate must have computer skills (should be able to operate a PC)
- Capturing data
- Writing reports
- Courses in client services or customer care will be an extra advantage
The following experience is required for this position:
- It will be advantageous if you have sales or customer service experience.
- It would be advantageous if you had experience in call centers.
- A solid understanding of sales techniques.
- Telephone etiquette knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of e-mail and Microsoft Office and Windows will be beneficial.
The applicants must have the following competencies: Planning, Innovating, Organizing, Commercial awareness, Written communication, Problem-solving and analysis, Oral communication, Persuasiveness, Flexibility, Interpersonal sensitivity, Accuracy, and Resilience.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants are required to complete an online application for applying to the AVBOB Mutual Assurance Society Internship programme 2022.
Before submitting your application, you need to register and log in to the portal. After registering you need to fill in all the required details and create or upload your recent CV (in Word format) to complete the online application process.
You can also check the instructions here to know about the registration process and FAQ.
The last date of submitting the application is 8 March 2022. Any applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Therefore, please make sure to submit your application on or before the application deadline.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/