The Aveng Human Resources Internship Programme is now ready to accept new applicants for the year 2019. This internship programme is offered and funded by Aveng, a multinational conglomerate with stakeholders coming from the engineering, mining, manufacturing, concessions, water treatment and public infrastructure.
The company now provides products and services to a wide range of geographic and sectoral markets. Its geographic market includes southern Africa and Australia. Aveng has a workforce of 14,158 employees and a turnover in excess of R30 billion each year.
HR Internship Programme 2019 at Aveng
As an HR intern, the selected candidate will be working out of the company’s Alberton offices in Gauteng. Responsibilities include the following:
- Provide HR administration and support functions to management and line employees
- Ensure accurate maintenance and systematic record keeping
- Provide assistance in training and development
- Coordinate and facilitate recruitment and hiring processes
- Perform administrative functions such as diary management, minute taking, presentation management, report writing and project coordination
- Work with business leaders in determining issues and solutions as well their possible effects on the workforce
- Provide assistance in implementing change initiatives
- Help foster healthy working relationships across all levels in the company
- Keep updated with newest HR trends, industry developments and legislative changes
- Help develop interpersonal tolerance and positive teamwork practices
As and equal-opportunity employer, Aveng prefers to employ individuals from unprivileged communities The company cannot guarantee permanent/long-term employment even after successfully completing the programme.
Requirements or Eligibility
In order to qualify for the HR intern position, applicants must be able to satisfy the following requisites:
- Completed a Human Resources degree or diploma
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Capable of building and nurturing professional working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Able to wok independently or in a team
- Works well under pressure
- Possesses a high level of integrity and work ethics
- Can meet deadlines
- Trustworthy and able to handle confidential information
- Can work effectively in a constantly changing work environment
- Enthusiastic and highly productive
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who wish to apply for the Aveng Human Resources Internship Programme 2019 are advised to apply online via the Aveng recruitment portal. Click here to get there.
Opening and Closing Dates
Deadline for submission of applications is on 5 March 2019
For more information about Aveng, click on the link to access its homepage: