AVI Limited is inviting applications from suitable candidates to qualify for open slots in its Food Science Graduate Programme. Details about this graduate programme as well AVI Ltd are available for review below.
AVI is the maker of popular FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) brands across a wide variety of categories including savory and sweet snacks and biscuits, hot beverages, frozen food, cosmetics, personal care products, fashion apparel, accessories and shoes. The company’s popular brand names include Five Roses, Ellis Brown, Fresh Pak, Frisco, Bakers, House of Coffees, Pyotts, I&J, Provita, Entyce, Yardley, Willards, Ciro, Coty, Carvela, Spitz, Kurt Geiger, Gant, Tosoni and more.
The company has been in operation for over a century and employs close to 11,000 individuals.
AVI: Food Science Graduate Programme 2021
The successful candidates will be part of AVI’s National Brands division where they will acquire critical skills and eventually grow as leaders or specialists. This is done through hands-on participation and contribution to key areas within their assigned division.
The duties and responsibilities of the Food Science Graduate are as follows:
- Conduct projects that aim to optimize Research and Development processes
- Contribute in new product trials
- Provide support with quality and technical assurance operations
- Perform data analysis for reporting and protocol functions
Who should apply?
This graduate programme is open only to applicants who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Holds a BSc in Food Science degree with a GPA of at least 60% in the final year of qualifications
- A Masters or Honours degree is a definite advantage
- Amenable to traveling to other National Brands locations as needed
- Has vacation or part-time work experience
What is the selection process?
In line with AVI’s commitment to the growth of its internal employees and “promote from within” policy, applications from internal employees will be considered first before external candidates.
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants who wish to pursue this graduate position will need to set up a profile on AVI’s recruitment page. Click here to start the application process.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 4 October 2020.
For more information, get in touch with AVI via
Phone: +27 (0)11 707 7594
- Where will this graduate programme take place?
Successful candidates will be based in AVI’s National Brands facility in Johannesburg.
- How long will it take to complete?
The graduate programme will run for a duration of 24 months.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AVI Food Science Graduate Programme 2021 advert.