AVI Limited is inviting applications from suitable candidates to qualify for its Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme intake for 2023. Before applying, be sure to review the minimum eligibility criteria and responsibilities of the role to see if it’s a good fit.
AVI is the maker of popular FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) brands across a wide variety of categories including savory and sweet snacks and biscuits, hot beverages, frozen food, cosmetics, personal care products, fashion apparel, accessories and shoes. The company’s popular brand names include Five Roses, Ellis Brown, Fresh Pak, Frisco, Bakers, House of Coffees, Pyotts, I&J, Provita, Entyce, Yardley, Willards, Ciro, Coty, Carvela, Spitz, Kurt Geiger, Gant, Tosoni and more.
The company has been in operation for over a century and employs close to 11,000 individuals.
AVI Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme 2023
AVI’s graduate programme offerings employ a comprehensive training experience comprised of practical exposure, mentorship, technical, business, and leadership development opportunities. Within the 24-month graduate internship programme, the successful candidate will gain exposure to a wide and diverse range of corporate activities including CSI initiatives, key improvement projects, behavioural development, and skills training.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct analysis of breakdowns while providing recommendations to minimize downtime
- Evaluate AVI’s computerized maintenance management system with the aim of ensuring the accuracy of data collected by the asset care system
- Oversee workshops and relevant activities to ensure compliance to set standards
- Provide assistance with establishing and sustaining a problem-solving frame of mind within the department
- Collect and organize reports (e.g. KPFs, artisan utilization, financial forecast, employee management control, etc.
- Provide assistance with ensuring adherence to the OHS ACT
- Establish and execute lubrication management processes
The graduate internship will start by January 2023 and will run for a duration of 24 months at AVI’s Durban facilities in KwaZulu-Natal.
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy the programme’s minimum eligibility criteria and competency requirements:
- Holds a BEng or BSc degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Attained at least a 60% average in the final year of studies
- Amenable with traveling between sites
- Owns a valid driver’s license
- Highly analytical; great focus on creating solutions
- Committed to discovering and documenting factual data in knowing the logic behind a problem
- Reliable with deadlines
- Consistent with delivering exceptional work
- Able to develop and cultivate mutually beneficial relations
- Able to cope well in a high-pressure environment
- Articulate and confident when communicating concepts in a presentation
How do I apply?
Eligible applicants are required to complete an online application form on the Company’s jobs application page. Click the link below to get started:
The deadline for submission of applications is on 19 August 2022.
For more details about AVI’s graduate programme offerings, send them an enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AVI Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme 2023 advert page.