AVI Limited is calling on suitable graduates to submit an application and qualify for current openings in its Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme. Be sure to go over the details of this graduate programme before submitting your application.
AVI is the maker of popular FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) brands across a wide variety of categories including savoury and sweet snacks and biscuits, hot beverages, frozen food, cosmetics, personal care products, fashion apparel, accessories and shoes. The company’s popular brand names include Five Roses, Ellis Brown, Fresh Pak, Frisco, Bakers, House of Coffees, Pyotts, I&J, Provita, Entyce, Yardley, Willards, Ciro, Coty, Carvela, Spitz, Kurt Geiger, Gant, Tosoni and more.
The company has been in operation for over a century and employs close to 11,000 individuals.
AVI Mechatronic/Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme
The successful candidate will take part in a number of projects in order to acquire comprehensive knowledge of the processing, packing and plant equipment. The incumbent will be part of Indigo Brands’ (AVI’s beauty and personal care line) engineering team and will be performing the following duties and responsibilities:
- Fully participate in a number of projects to acquire comprehensive knowledge of various plant, packing and processing equipment
- Take part in the engineering management aspect of facilities, draughting, utilities, quality control and asset care systems
- Acquire key engineering skills in project management as well as management in electrical, mechanical, utilities, process, facilities and automation
- Determine issues inefficiency, commercial viability
- Suggest working solutions for improvement projects
Who should apply?
In order to qualify for consideration, applicants will need to meet these minimum requirements:
- Holds a BEng or BSc degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic or Electrical Engineering
- Completed tertiary education with at least a 60% GPA in the final year of qualification
- Additional specializations or certifications related to Industrial Engineering or business will be an advantage
- Part-time work or vacation experience is an advantage
- Tech-savvy and business-oriented
- Able to work comfortably within a team
- Great disposition to lead and empower people
- Always keen on capitalizing on unique opportunities
- Capable of contributing, making a difference and becoming an achiever
How do I apply?
If you meet the initial requirements and wish to move forward with the application process, click here to register your profile if you haven’t done so already. Use reference number AVI200710-0 to locate the advert easily.
The deadline for the submission of applications is on 4 October 2020.
For enquiries, get in touch with AVI directly via:
Phone: +27 (0)11 707 7594
- How long will it take to complete this graduate programme?
The graduate programme will run for a duration of 24 months.
- Where will it take place?
The successful candidate will be based in AVI’s Indigo Brands’ offices in Cape Town.
Click the link to view a PDF copy of the AVI Mechatronic/Mechanical Engineering Graduate Programme 2020 advert.