Barloworld Equipment of South Africa is seeking suitable individuals to submit their application and qualify for its CA Trainee Programme for 2021. Be sure to go over the minimum qualifications and job responsibilities first before applying.
Barloworld Limited is a brand management company dealing with industrial machinery. It was once a huge conglomerate with numerous businesses ranging from building materials, information technology, and motor vehicles to mining operations. The company restructured itself, unbundled a large volume of its assets and became the industrial brand management company it is today.
The company started out in 1902 selling wool products and later on engineering equipment. Through the years, it moved to selling and servicing Caterpillar machinery. Barlow got into the motor business and then eventually branched out to manufacturing of paint, stainless steel, cement and household appliances. It also acquired Rand Mines Ltd. and ventured into mining.
By 2016, Barloworld merged with BayWa, a German-based company, to diversify their materials handling and agriculture operations in South Africa.
Barloworld CA Trainee Programme 2022
As part of the company’s Young Trainee Programme, the CA Trainee Programme aims to equip Chartered Accountants with critical expertise as well as potential talent pool of promising leaders.
Running for a period of three years, this SAICA-accredited programme is designed as an alternative course to achieve a CA qualification.
The CA trainee will be rotating within the Training Office and will be acquiring essential knowledge and expertise fulfilling various responsibilities such as:
- Provide support to the departmental line manager as needed
- Contribute value to the team while on rotation
- Accomplish activities and documentation to acquire the relevant skills as needed by the TOPP and SAICA programmes
- Execute trainee accountant duties as required by SAICA Training Regulations of 2008
- Actively take part in and accomplish training programmes
- Work with platforms, technology, and programme partners
Who should apply?
You will need to meet these minimum qualification requirements to apply:
- Holds a Theory of Accounting (CTA) certificate or PGDA-UNISA CTA Level 2
- English proficiency
- Solid verbal and communication skills
- Good problem and analytical skills
- Knows how to use MS Office applications
- Keen interest in continuous learning and development
- Possesses leadership potential
- Capable of multitasking and teamwork
What is the selection process?
Potential candidates will undergo an initial interview process to assess how well they will fit into the business. Those who are shortlisted will go through a second round of panel interviews before the final selection is made. Successful candidates will then join their respective group within the business units where they will begin the CA training.
How do I apply?
Click on the link to register your profile and apply.
The deadline for submission of applications is on 31 March 2021.
For more information, call Barloworld’s corporate offices at +27 11 445 1000.
Click here to view a PDF copy of the Barloworld CA Trainee Programme 2022 advert.