Barloworld Equipment SA is seeking suitably qualified and interested engineering graduates to apply for its Engineering Internship Programme.
Barloworld Limited is a brand management company dealing with industrial machinery. It was once a huge conglomerate with numerous unrelated businesses. These businesses ranged from building materials, information technology, and motor vehicles to mining operations. The company restructured itself, unbundled a large volume of its assets and became the industrial brand management company it is today.
The company started out in 1902 selling wool products and later on engineering equipment. Through the years, it moved to selling and servicing Caterpillar machinery. Barlow got into the motor business and then eventually branched out to manufacturing of paint, stainless steel, cement and household appliances. It also acquired Rand Mines Ltd. and ventured into mining. By 2016, Barloworld merged with BayWa, a German-based company, to diversify their materials handling and agriculture operations in South Africa.
Barloworld SA Engineering Internship Programme
The primary purpose of the Communication Internship programme is to assist in enhancing the company’s profile by providing help in resolving problems, managing, changing and improving efficiency. This is achieved through performing business intelligence, market research and stakeholder management to various stakeholders. The role of the incumbent includes conducting research the development of the business and providing assistance in identifying risks and opportunities associated with it.
As Engineering Interns, the incumbents’ responsibilities are:
- Meet expectations and fulfill deliverables regardless of challenges and obstacles
- Plan and coordinate own tasks to meet quality expectations and commitments
- Solve problems in a systematic way
- Be professional and act with integrity when interacting with clients, customers and co-workers
- Collaborate with team members, client and customers with diverse backgrounds and disciplines in order to meet deliverables
- Analyze data efficiently and accurately
- Provide input in understanding business trends
- Provide accurate and dependable reports
- Set up and design templates and tools
- Assist effectively in project coordination
Who should apply?
The ideal candidate must be able to satisfy at least the basic eligibility requirements to get considered for the internship:
- Must have completed matric
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in BEng or other related fields such as Electrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering, Processing or Mining
- Effective reasoning and analysis skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good at problem solving and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
How do I apply?
If you meet the above minimum qualifications and would like to pursue the internship position:
- Prepare a PDF copy of your updated CV that will need to be uploaded during the application process. Your PDF file must not be bigger than 250 MB
- Click here to access the online application form
No deadline for submission of applications has been arranged as of this writing.
You can view the Barloworld SA Engineering Internship programme advert by clicking the link.
- How many candidates will be selected to join this internship?
Four (4) qualified candidates will be chosen to fill the vacancies for this internship opportunity.
- Is this for permanent employment?
The successful interns will start in a contractual capacity.
Click the link to view the Barloworld SA Engineering Graduate Internship Programme advert.